I was able to attend the temple for the first time since the closures due to Covid, and it was so special because I was able to be the escort for Jamie Fairbank from our branch yesterday. Jamie's had a time in her life and there were times she was rebellious. She returned back to full activity a few years ago and is a rock star. I got to take her son Charles for his first time doing baptisms and a few more times since. And I started working with her in Young Women's and joked around with her asking when I would get to take her. We had many chats and I encouraged her and told her that no sacrifice was too great to be able to get to the temple and the blessings and power that would provide. Well, she called me earlier this summer and told me she got the last item in her life together so she could go! I was so happy for her! She also asked me to be her escort. Jamie grew up in the church, being raised by her grandparents. Her grandma became a member, but never who grandpa, who is since deceased. She was able to come, as well as some of her aunts, and a few branch members. We helped her get everything together, got to have an introduction from the temple matron, and she got to go through. It was an emotional and beautiful day full of love and light. As the covenants were being repeated, I was thinking "Jamie already lives this!" After, Jamie's grandpa was able to be sealed to her grandma and their daughters who were there. It was such a neat day. I kept thinking over and over that this is the Lord's work. There's no way you can be in His House, the temple and not feel that. I'm thankful that this was made possible. I needed the peace found in the temple at that moment and I'm grateful that Jamie will be armed with power and that angels will now attend her in greater measure. After, I left a card I made and some white beautiful flowers in her car, she loved them. I hope we will always remember this day and stay on the covenant path!




No comments:
Post a Comment