Wednesday, January 20, 2016

"Be not weary in well doing"

I won't lie.  The first week in Primary this year was a dis-as-ter!  We had NONE of our original teachers yet, they were all either sick (oh yeah, I got some texts in the middle of the night) or still out of town or hadn't been called yet.  We had one Nursery leader there that week, the rest we had subs for.  But we still had a huge Primary that week and were bursting the seams of the Primary rom.  I felt like we were so prepared and ready, but as Primary started and trying to get the kids to where their new classes were and helping the Sunbeams feel welcome when half were crying, and making sure all of the classes were staffed, introducing new programs (like our scripture spotlight and our scripture power jars), helping the kids be reverent, and everything else...it was wearing down on me.  I was totally choking back tears on the way things were going.  I felt discouraged and so inadequate for this calling.

As I was thinking about it later that night and praying, the scripture from D&C 64:33 came clearly to my mind: "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work.  And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."

I am so thankful for the scriptures!  I know they are true and love how the Spirit will bring all things to our remembrance when we need it most!  Like Elder Richard G. Scott said: "Scriptures are like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and inspiration from on high."  I have felt that so many times and am grateful beyond measure for the word of God!  That is even our Primary theme for this year - "I know the scriptures are true"!  I know that we should never get too down when we are doing the Lord's work!  Think of Joseph Smith and all he went through... I've got nothing on him!  I need to take heart and be courageous and push forward, for this is a great work!  I also thought of my little Primary friends, how they are "small things", but if I serve faithfully, someday, they will do "great" things!
OneWillisFamily.blogspot.com

No comments: