This year for Valentine's Day, we went with a "you make my heart take flight" theme. We made some paper airplane valentines for our loved ones and mailed them off. On Valentine's morning, I made heart breakfast pizzas and a lovely lunch. The kids were excited about their parties! Lucy redecorated our red mail box for her Valentine box, Coverton made a Lego box that said "Cov Love" on it. He put some mini figures on top and made a sunflower out of Legos and displayed that on top and then gave that to his teacher after his party. Sydnie made a tie dye one with Emma's help. They all enjoyed exchanging valentines with their friends. Lucy was a little sad this is her last year to get to do that. I told her I did it all the time growing up so she can keep doing it if she wants. Proof - one of my friends just messaged the other week and said he was giving his old seminary scriptures to his son and a valentine from me fell out of it from high school. That was pretty funny. During the day, I was working and doing the usual stuff. Callahan and I sold candy bar bouquets we made for the DC trip fundraiser and it did pretty well! Emma and I ran around cookies and a note to our ministering sisters. For our family dinner date, we first had these hot air balloon sticker pages everyone did. Some of the kids tortured the dog stickers as they're not too fond of pooches, but most of them turned out so fun. Then we assembled these foam airplane flyers and had everyone write their names and passed them around to write what we loved about each other on. Then we had dinner. We ate stuffed pizza, Watergate fruit salad, Italian green salad, and drank "cloud" punch (blue Hawaiian punch with a scoop of vanilla in it). And we had dessert, which were plane and heart sugar cookies. We got a paper airplane book and everyone made theirs and we were racing them. By the end of the night, the kids were silly and putting stiky notes on each others backs that said things like "I stink" and some were pretty fired up and cranky from all the sweets from the day so we called our family party a bit early because the day of love was turning into a day of rough. Dave made the cutest card and got me some different chocolate candies I'd never tried before. I got him a clip picture frame and desk caddy for his office. He needs some more stuff in there, a little feel of home and more pics. The weekend before, we went out to the romantic (as romantic as we can get here, haa!) Caribou Cafe. The food was pretty good and we had cheesecake to top it off. It is always fun to be with my Dave! I sure love him and my family, even if we do get cranky sometimes. They all make my heart soar!















































No comments:
Post a Comment