A few weeks before Christmas I began feeling very sick. But it wasn’t a flu or a cold, I knew this
feeling. I knew I was pregnant. I was kind of afraid to take the test because
I knew what the results would be. And
it’s been a while since we’ve had a baby.
Been trying for a while with no luck and so I thought maybe we were
done. We always felt there were supposed to be five kids, seven in our
family. I was starting to wonder. But suddenly, it happened! Dave and I were excited, but I just felt a little
inadequate like I’m out of practice.
We’re so used to not waking up at nights and feeding around the clocks
and Cov’s going to be a lot older than our other kids were when we had the
others. So it’s going to be different
but good. To announce it to the kids, we
made them a little ornament we gave it the day before we left to go home for
Christmas. It said “Little Sibling” on
one side. And “Coming July/Auguts 2017”
on the other. Emma picked up on it
immediately. She exclaimed immediately
“You’re pregnant!?” And then the other
kids figured it out and were so happy and excited for a new baby! Dave & Cov think it’s a boy, the rest of
the kids think it’s a girl. I’ve been
pretty sick, so I’m guessing girl but I hate to guess because each pregnancy is
so different and I’m usually wrong.
:p It was fun and they did a good
job keeping the secret! We made
ornaments for the grandparents as well that said “Grandparents of 11” for Dan
& Sue and “Grandparents of 9” for my parents. They were so happy but not at all
surprised. Haha! My mom said she knew it and had a few dreams
recently where I was expecting.
So here we go…Dave keeps singing “One Last Time”. This is going to be the caboose of our family
and we are excited to meet them come next summer! We did a few calculations online and the due
date looks like somewhere between the end of July/beginning of August. We’re hoping for a July baby since the
calendar is already pretty full with our anniversary, Emma & Cov’s
birthday. But we’ll be happy either
way! And we’re planning on not finding
out the gender until the birth. Dave
says if it’s a boy, he should get to name it, but if it’s a girl, I can name
it. We’ll see about that one…his boy
names he likes are interesting. ;) We’ll figure out soon which doctor to go to
and which hospital – we can either do Williston, ND or Glasgow, MT.
A happy Christmas surprise indeed! Just one we can’t hold until next summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment