We loved sledding, snowboarding, racing, building things, making a tunnel, throwing snowballs at each other, making snow angels, and playing all afternoon at the park. I love seeing the excitement and adventure through my kids eyes. Sometimes I have a hard time not thinking about my troubles and to-do list and all of the things I need to get done. But I love days like this where it is carefree and fun and I leave my "stuff" at the door and just enjoy my littles! It was totally the perfect weather too, since it's warming up a little. So we weren't totally frozen. Cal and Lucy got cold for a while and went to warm up. I locked them in and told them I'd come get them in 10 minutes and gave them some books to occupy themselves. I kept looking at them to make sure they were okay. The next thing I know, Lucy is coming across the snow and slush in BARE FEET to come get me! AHH! I died! "My feet are freezing" she said! Well yeah, poor girl! We went back to the car and got her full snow clothes on again and then played again together. Silly little one! I love spending time with these cuties! How blessed am I to be their mother? Completely! They warm my heart each day!
That night, we promised the kids we would get Frozen, since they felt as if they were the only kids in the entire world that hadn't seen it in the theatres (poor, deprived children really. Lol!). So we went to the store the day it came out and purchased it, along with donuts and chocolate milk. I was a little skeptical with all of the hype, but was really cute and worth all of the accolades it receives! We loved the music, the characters, and the story...it was so good! The kids were mesmerized and I think we've watched that more than enough in a few weeks time.















No comments:
Post a Comment