Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Because of Him

The Sunday before Easter, Dave showed me the new video Because of Him on YouTube.  It was so touching.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S3TI4bYerU


Then on Instagram the following day, I noticed the Because of Him photo challenge.  I decided to take part in it to get in the Easter spirit, and I'm so glad I did.  It really helped me reflect on many aspects of my life and how the Savior has helped me so much.  

Today is because of Him, I can be a better daughter...to my Heavenly Father and both sets of parents.  I've been blessed to be theirs and know I can be a better wife and mother and improve because of their examples.  Tonight I had to ask for forgiveness from Emma because I was getting frustrated with her and wasn't as kind as I should've been.  She quickly forgave me and I'm grateful I can repent and improve becuase of what the Savior did!  #becauseofhim #daughterofGod #Easter

17 likes/ 30 likes on FB

jenniesewcrafty  Sweet twinners too.
stepherdeferdoo  Such a cute picture!  And so glad I'm not the only one that has to ask their daughter for forgiveness for not having enough patience with her, thanks for letting me know I'm not alone.  :)  Love this photo challenge!

Katie Marie Midgley  I love you, Mel!  You are a great mommy, daughter, and friend.  :)

#BecauseofHim I can serve others.  Our Savior showed compassion to all he met.  He was constantly serving and showed us how.  He performed miracles in order to help others.  Though my acts of service are small, like making cookies for a bake sale today with my little baker Lucy ("Mom I want to bake wif you") to benefit some projects at the "hospidable", even small kind acts can bring about great things.  #littlebaker #service with a smile.

21 likes

amy2rollins  Those look yummy I'm going to need that recipe!
katrinamortensen  Was getting ready to go to bed and thought I wonder if she post the because of him photo yet.  Love that your doing this your such a great example to me.
_mandy_ Yum yum yummo!!!  My sister is in the hospital trying to have a baby so I went down to the cafeteria and they still had some of your cookies!  I asked if they were the ones you made and they said yes so we bought them!  They are SO good!  I'm going to need that recipe!!  :)  Thank you for your service.

#BecauseofHim, I can love more fully.  This is so easy to do sometimes when we are surrounded by those who are always pleasant and agreeable.  We are human though, and we are not always pleasant and agreeable.  But Christ loves us anyway with charity, His perfect love.  To love others, especially those who have tried our patience, been unkind, or wronged us, is the true challenge.  It's not easy, like today when it seemed like the whining, crying, timeouts, defiance and disobedience lasted much of the day (the baby's up crying right now just after midnight) and I'm sure it was not easy for those around me to love me either.  When this happens though, and we deal with others who make it feel hard to love, it helps me to see others through our Lord's eyes and it becomes easier to love them.  I'm grateful for His unfailing love for me despite my imperfections.  #lovemorefully  #charity

9 likes/14 likes on FB

jenniesewcrafty  I love that you captured true life!  It makes me giggle.  You are such a great mom.  Sorry today was one of those tough ones.
jiner_shoemaker  I love your words Melanie
rachelclark_ I love it!  Cute even when they're mad!

#BecauseofHim I can be a better me.  Exercising is something I sometimes don't feel like doing (like me tonight) but once I do it I feel much better.  Each night I can run a little farther or a little faster or workout with more intensity.  I'm not going to run a marathon tomorrow, but each day I get better, push myself a bit more.  It's the same way with our lives.  Sometimes its hard to find the motivation, or we are too tired or busy, but when we do what's right and try our best to keep God's commandments, the Savior will make up for what we lack and help us go a little farther and a little faster each day.  He doesn't ask for perfection, he asks for us to do the best we can and I feel so much better when I'm striving to do that.  In the words of President Monson: "May we resolve to do a little better than we have done in the past."  Step by step, line upon line, we do the best we can and eventually we will reach the ultimate finish line.  #becauseofhimphotochallenge

10 likes

#BecauseofHim I live in this beautiful world.  I am so thankful for the many glorious and beautiful creations that were made by Him for us to enjoy to "please the eye and gladden the heart".  One of my favorite things i the sun and I love to watch it rise and set.  This world is truly a gift from the Lord.  #nofilter  #sunrisesunset  #wyomingsky

20 likes/11 likes on FB

Donna Gomez  Amen!!

#BecauseofHim I am inspired, and many times I am inspired by others who are tools in His hands.  I'm thankful for siblings who share, Amy gave me some eggs from her chickens and I used them and a recipe she shared withme to make cinnamon rolls.  I'm thankful for good people to be around, great friends who are always so willing to help and make me want to be a better person.  I'm thankful for children who teach me new lessons each day, as they did while we were playing outside this afternoon.  I'm thankful for neighbors who care, our neighbors brought some Easter surprises over for the kids and they were so excited.  I'm thankful for my husband, who is always putting my needs before his own, putting me at ease and putting a smile on my face.  I'm thankful for the authors of good literature that is thought provoking and uplifting.  I'm thankful for parents who share their talents with others, like my Mom who taught me so much, like how to sew.  Because of these people, and the so many others I know who live as the Savior would have them live, I am inspired to do great things!  #inspiredbyothers  #inspiredbyJesusChrist  #Easter

18 likes/15 likes on FB

amy2rollins  You're amazing mellie and inspire me!!  Those cinnamon rolls look yummy!  Happy Easter love you!

#BecauseofHim I can get answers to my prayers.  I'm so thankful I was taught to pray in faith from the time I could talk.  I'm grateful to have a loving Father in Heaven who listens and cares.  I'm given the answers, protection, direction, and peace I need for myself and my family in time if I truly humble myself and pray fervently.  this is something I can work on though, and I feel the more work we put into it, the more powerful our prayers and their outcomes are.  I am thankful that through the Savior, we can get the help we need in this life.  What a blessing!  #Hehearsandanswersme  #HappyEaster  #becauseofhimphotochallenge  #lastday

17 likes/27 likes on FB

amy2rollins  Such cute outfits and love the hair!!
mjgertsch  So so cute
jinger_shoemaker  I loved all you wrote each day for the photo challenge.  You are so inspiring and I looked forward to your posts all week.  Thx!

Peggy Dow Whitesdies What lucky children!!!
David Ryerse  I look so happy!
Camille Garner Rogers  Cute outfits Mel!

No comments: