Thursday, July 6, 2023

Here comes 2023!

Welcome, 2023! Our New Years day celebrations included wrapping up the Ryerse party, going to church with all the family, eating lunch with everyone, and then heading back home. It was pretty stormy and we saw quite a few cars off the road, and even a snowplow was stuck in a drift. About an hour after we made it, the roads closed. The kids played with their new stuff and we played some games and talked about what we wanted to do this upcoming year. We are looking forward towards another year with new chances and new changes!

This year for my goals, I can consecrate more of myself to the Lord's cause. I can give more intentional effort and time to my family. I can serve more diligently in callings. I can put more time into doing those things that will help me come closer to Him. I can serve my fellow men more. I can share the Gospel more frequently. I can give more materially to tithing, fast offerings, and other good causes. For my resolutions (love that we line them up with the Youth and Children's program now), I am focusing on a 10 second rule  I am going to hug my loved ones longer for 10 seconds instead of a quick hug and release and kiss Dave for longer rather than just a quick peck. I am going to take 10 seconds (or more) during and after my prayers to listen for the Spirit. I am going to take 10 seconds everyday to look up a definition of a word I don't know. I am going to take 10 seconds to text someone each week to see how they are and encourage them. Following the Lord doesn't have to be complicated, but it does take consecration.



No comments: