Shine! It was such a great Primary program at Church this year. That's what these kids do...shine...even if they hate that I take their picture, haha! Lucy's last year and then she's on to YW. I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to play piano for the Primary children this year. I can't tell you how many times the room fell dead silent and children and the adults there could feel the Spirit of the Lord so strongly and sniffles were heard and goosebumps felt as we sang songs about Jesus Christ! My favorite song we sang was "I Will Shine" by Shawna Edwards.
"There's a light within me
The perfect light of Christ
And I have made a promise
To keep it burning bright
By walking in His footsteps
And following His plan
In every time, in every place
In every way I can
I will shine like a candle in the dark
All it takes to make a difference is a smile
And it's easy to see that the brightest I’ll be
Is when I let His light shine through me
One simple act of kindness
Will lift a lonely soul.
One gentle word that's spoken
Turns sadness, to hope.
One choice to be like Jesus
Will spread the love He gives
And one by one, the world becomes
A better place to live
I will shine like a candle in the dark
All it takes to make a difference is a spark.
And it's easy to see that the brightest I’ll be
Is when I let His light shine through me
When I let His light shine through me."
I am so thankful for the sweet children I have and our ward family children and what they teach me. They are great examples of letting their light so shine like the Savior. I can feel as they sing that they know what they sing is true and they believe it and have lived it. Shine on!
A couple weeks later, Dave was called as a High Councilman. His Dad, Dan, was able to come up and ordain him to be a High Priest in the Priesthood. The Stake President took me aside after one of our self-reliance/emergency prepardeness meeting and told me he was going to get a calling and asked if there was anything in his conduct that wasn't in harmony with the teachings of Christ and if I felt he'd be worthy to serve in a stake calling. I told him what you see is what you get with Dave. He told me he went back and forth because he knew we were a busy and young family and he knew Dave's work is complicated. But he said he just kept going back to Dave and couldn't shake the feeling and knew the Lord wanted him to be in that calling. Then he brought Dave in his office and gave him the calling. He was set apart and as Dan said, it was a historic occasion, as we now have two high priests in the family, and Dan was able to set apart a family member for the first time. They left right after church, so I never got a picture of both of them, but we snapped one of Dave. Now our Sundays are full of meetings and speaking assignments. Dave shines as an example of doing the right things for the right reasons and is willing to be forthright in his love for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.







.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment