Monday, January 20, 2020

On our way to happily ever after - our 14th Anniversary

We celebrated our 14th anniversary while Dave's parents were here, so that was fun.  We spent the day going to Red Lodge and enjoyed some great family time having Mexican for lunch, going to the Zoo, and visiting the shops on the main street.  Then we went to dinner alone to the Montana Steak and Chop House.  It was fun to be alone and have a beautiful drive there and back to chat and all during dinner uninterrupted.  I love alone time with this boy!  He is sweet.  I spoke the day after at church on marriage and family, ironically. I talked about the part between they fell madly in love and got married and the they live happily ever after part.  "As I’ve been thinking about that time in between the once upon a time and the happily ever after and what we can do to ensure a happily ever after, I thought of how we need to  love:  L – Love God, O – Our families come first, V – View each others strengths and develop our own, and E – Eternity is waiting for us at the temple."  And then I went through each of these points.  I am thankful for my own happily ever after that is unfolding, but it doesn't just come effortlessly.  I talked about the great examples Dan & Sue were to us of a great marriage.  They always are holding hands, kissing, working together, learning together, and staying committed to each other.  They used to have a cross stitch on their wall that said "Choose your love.  Love your choice."  Dave and I liked that so much we have it in a frame in our bedroom.  He gave me some flowers and a sweet letter he wrote.  I gave him a s'mores pack and asked him to pick a little fire pit for our backyard.  Our anniversary is on National S'mores Day.  So we made s'mores with all our family, watched our wedding video and looked at picture albums from our special day.  I love this man I get to call my love and love each day with him!









No comments: