While I wasn't super thrilled about any of the candidates running for President, Joe Biden became the next president for our country. The week before, a group who was standing up for Trump called "The Proud Boys" stormed the capitol while it was in session with weapons and destroyed some things and one person died. It was in protest of an election many deemed to be unfair, but this group took it to far. Many felt like there was tampering and Donald Trump never conceded, saying the election was a fraud. He had his social media accounts blocked. Now I'm not a fan of his opening his big mouth so much, but really...what happened to freedom of speech? He didn't even attend the inauguration. This made me sad. I am glad however, I voted for Trump in the first place as he recently appointed a very conservative judge, Amy Coney Barrett, to the Supreme Court. Bam! That is exactly why I voted Trump. Though many were trying to change things so he couldn't appoint someone during his own tenure as President. Seriously!? Politics. I felt some hope at the inauguration, though it seems the speech writers each four years are writing the same things. One thing that was cool was that Kamala Harris became the first ever woman and black/Asian Vice President. While I may not see eye to eye with these leaders, I feel some good can come out of this. Let's hope they work across party lines and do what's right. I have been praying for them. I loved that the Pledge of Allegiance was done by a service woman and along with ASL. The national anthem was performed by Lady Gaga, J-Lo sang, and so did Garth Brooks (Super bowl feel, anyone?). My favorite part though was a poem performed by newly appointed youth poet laureate, Amanda Gorman. She spoke beautifully and her words touched my heart. It was a stirring inauguration. Our kids are all upset as they are Trump fans (mostly stuff they hear from school), and keep saying hateful things. We are trying to teach them that like it or not, we have a new president, and we support, show respect, and pray for him and his cabinet to do good. And do good ourselves. Our country, our world, will not get any better or anywhere with all of this division. We need to love. Just love. Of course, none of these pictures I took myself but they are from various new sources. The quotes from Elaine Dalton and Amanda Gorman I created with the Rhonna designs app. Hoping for light and goodness for future generations!









No comments:
Post a Comment