Wednesday, April 29, 2020

I pity the fool on April Fools

April Fools was another day at home, due to the shelter-in-place instructions.  "I pity the fool..." Covey has been saying he hates pranks lately, and we have even called him the April Fools Scrooge, but I told him to think of some things and I thought he'd change his mind.  He has been getting so upset lately if anyone plays any tricks on anyone else but we explained if no one gets hurt, usually we all end up laughing and enjoying things. 



Surprisingly, Cov was the biggest prankster of them all.  He used window markers (we threw it away after he was done) and drew faces on all the toilets and added a "toilet paper tongue".  He got a kick out of that!  Wouldn't be April Fools without some kind of potty prank in this house.We had Emma's classic facial hair when you wake up.  She put a fake mustache on Cal and Lucy, but they noticed immediately after waking up and wiped them away before I could take a picture. Lucy made a "nice" breakfast together and put some breakfast items in lunch bags, including cat food cans and whole carrots.  She thought it was funny but some were not amused!  We watched an episode of Prank Encounters.  Covey hid behind a corner and screamed "boo" as I walked around and I screamed and then we laughed.  So he thought that was funny and maybe this April Fools thing wasn't so bad.  He wrote about it for an assignment he had.  The kids kept reading this Jokes and Pranks book we have.  Cal wore a wig lots of the day, but he does a lot lately.  Sometimes I go to kiss his head and realize I'm kissing a wig, yuck!  So we always laugh about that. 


For afternoon snacks, I offered the kids candy.  I got candy wrappers and carefully put veggies in for snacks (broccoli sucker, a cucumber York patty, Baby Ruth celery, a Reeses carrot, and a Hersheys candy bar pepper).  The kids got a good laugh.  Some willingly ate the veggies, others asked where the chocolate was, ha!  








We had lots of joke telling throughout the day!The best might have been when I told them we got an email from the school district saying since the distance learning is going so well, they are always going to do that from now on and there will be no more in class school, all online. They about died of shock!  Cal literally fell on the ground and I got the last laugh.  This homeschooling thing has been good, but they really like being in person at school and being with friends. 

Finally, Covey put Sydnie's baby doll in Daddy's spot in bed and made a caption card that said "I took your spot!"  He was all giggles and loving this April Fools thing by the end of the day. We all were loving making fools of each other!    

No comments: