In December, Emma finished and received her Young Women medallion. The program was beautiful and Emma even played the opening hymn for it, As Zion's Youth in Latter Days. She was awarded her medallion by Jamie and I got mine too and we shook the Stake Presidency and stake Young Women leaders hands. She also received the rest of her ribbons for her bookmark. I worked to get mine too so it was fun to work on it and earn ours together. Each Sunday night, we'd pick something and work on it together. Emma picked gold and I went for the silver. I am grateful for this new Children and Youth program that is coming up, but I will always be grateful for the growth that has come from the Personal Progress program. It is way different from when I did it as a young woman, a lot more work and soul searching and goals and time spent and Spirit seeking and I like that. Anyways, after there was a cool presentation on the Young Women's organization throughout time. They had some desserts too. We got some pictures and Emma wasn't too impressed when I said we should bite them like Olympic athletes did when they got the gold. She loves me, ha!
Callahan earned his Arrow of Light for Cub Scouts. This is equivalent to the Eagle scout award for Boy Scouts. It was a great ceremony and he put a lot of time into it. Many of the things we did together at home with Dave or I when we stayed up together. We didn't get very many great photos, but a few at the ceremony. Of course, we couldn't find his handkerchief or neck slide that night but found it a few days later. He has really enjoyed his Scouting days but now we are looking forward to what is next to come. Way to go, bud!!











No comments:
Post a Comment