I took and finished the challenge that President Nelson
issued at the October General Conference to read the Book of Mormon by the end
of 2018 and miracles did happen.
At
first, I was a little hesitant, as I was already reading with another schedule
both the OT and the Book of Mormon (and I finished those too).
But
as I committed myself, I found that I had more time.
I slept better at night so I could get up
easier and study in the morning.
I found
I was less stressed out and more happy.
I found that I did talk about my Savior more and intentionally teach
about Him to my family.
I started and kept
up with a schedule I found online.
I knew
before that The Book of Mormon is “Another Testament of Jesus Christ” as the
subtitle says.
But now I have no
doubt.
President Nelson asked us to mark
any reference to the Savior.
There aren’t
many parts where my Book of Mormon is underlined in red!
By the end, my notebook of the notes I took had 97 pages of quick notes in my small, sloppy handwriting and I found 111 different names used that referred to the Savior! The theme of “come unto me” or “come unto Christ”
was all over the Book of Mormon.
The
Savior gives us so many chances and wants us so badly to come to Him!
He asks us and the prophets ask us to repent.
Why?
He wants us to come to Him!
Christ
also has asked us to gather Israel and that really stood out to me.
Why?
He wants us and our families and friends to come to Him!
Study of the Book of Mormon and other
scripture helps us to do that and really know Him.
And by knowing Him, we also come to know Heavenly
Father and the Holy Ghost more personally.
I love how they work together in perfect unity.
I got greater insights into that this time
around.
My two older kids, Emma and Cal,
also finished the Book of Mormon on the 31
st with me!
What a blessing that was for our family!
Though they had started before, they
committed to continue to read and listen to and finish with me.
As we had been with family over the holidays,
my father-in-law asked during dinner one night what we were doing to prepare
for the Savior’s second coming.
Both
Emma and Cal said they are and will study their scriptures.
I pointed that when we have someone come
visit, we want to know all we can about them before.
We get to know the Savior as we study His
word.
As I have take the time to make
notes and impressions of each reference to the Savior and keep a list of His
many names and roles, I have been getting to know Him better to get ready a
place in my heart for His return.
He has
invited me to “Come unto Him” and I am making a place for Him to come to
me.
I am thankful for this challenge and
the great way they’ve increased faith, love, and testimony in our home.
I am thankful for the Book of Mormon and know it is a true record that can help us to "come to Christ, and be perfected in Him". (Moroni 10:32). No matter how many times I make mistakes, He's always there, beckoning me to repent, try again and come back to Him. And because of that, I can find peace in Him and His word.
Names of Christ in
the Book of Mormon, December 31, 2018
A
Advocate
All Powerful Creator of Heaven & Earth
All Things
Almighty God
Alpha and Omega
A Child
A Son
B
Beginning and the End
Being
Beloved
Beloved Son
Bread
Bread of Life
C
Christ
Counselor
D
Deliverer
E
Eternal God
Eternal Judge
Everlasting Father
Everlasting God
F
Father of Heaven & Earth
Foundation
Fountain of Righteousness
Fruit (Tree of Life)
First & The Last
First Fruits unto God
Firstling of the Flock
Fullers Soap
G
God
God of Israel
God of our Fathers
God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob
God of Miracles
God of my Savlation
God of Nature
Good Shepard
Great and Eternal Head
Great Creator
Great Mediator
H
Heavenly King
Holy Child
Holy God
Holy Messiah
Holy One
Holy One of Israel
Husband
I
I AM
Immanuel
J
Jesus Christ
Just God
K
King
King of Heaven
L
Lamb of God
Light
Light and Life of the World
Living Water
Lord of the Harvest
Lord God
Lord God Almighty
Lord God Mighty One of Jacob
Lord of Hosts
Lord Omnipotent
M
Maker
Man
Master of the Vineyard
Messiah
Mighty God
Mighty One
Most High
Most High God
My Maker
My Song
O
One
One God
One Shepard
Only Begotten
P
Pillar of Fire
Prince of Peace
R
Redeemer of All Men
Redeemer of Israel
Redeemer of the World
Refiner
Refiner’s Fire
Rock
Rock of Offense
Rock of Your Salvation
S
Sanctuary
Salvation
Savior
Savior of the World
Savior Jesus Christ
Son of God
Son of the Living God
Son of Man
Son of Righteousness
Stem of Jesse
Strength
Stumbling Block
T
The Law
That Being Which Created Them
The Christ
The King
The Lamb
The Lord
The One
Thy Maker
True & Living God
True Vine
W
Well-Beloved
Wonderful
Word of Truth & Righteousness
No comments:
Post a Comment