My birthday celebrations this year started on Saturday. Dave took me out to Big Timber for a date out to dinner. It was fun exploring the town and eating our "okay" food which people said was "the best". Still, always fun! When we got home, the kids stopped us and told us no to go in certain areas of the house. They wanted us to go back because they were still working on birthday surprises! Sunday, Lucy and Callahan and Emma were at work busily going at making surprises in their rooms/kitchen areas.
Monday was my real birthday. It was pretty much a real day with folding laundry, taking out garbage, dishes, sweeping kitchen, playing with baby, stepping on Legos, exercising, etc. But, Dave came home for lunch and brought with him a beautiful bouquet and cute note and some chocolate covered cinnamon bears! It was great being with him for lunch at home and I love we live close enough he can do it most days. That afternoon, we went to Billings for Cal's gymnastics and to stock up on some items again and look around. Then we got Cafe Rio to go. It was sweet because all day, Covey kept wishing me a happy birthday and giving me hugs. We got home, ate our yummy dinner, and followed our tradition of everyone saying what they loved about the birthday person. Most of the kids said it was because I played with them or because I was funny. Then, we opened presents. Dave says I get to pick mine this year. Still working on that. Emma made me some bath bombs that were so colorful and smelled so good, I can't wait to use them! Cal made me a beautiful necklace out of beads and yarn he found downstairs. And Lucy used her jewelry set she just got from Christmas to make me a bracelet. Cov kept saying he felt so bad he didn't have a present for me but I assured him the hugs and wishes were the best thing he could give me! We had family night after that, starting our new "Come, Follow Me" program and I love it! Then we had cake and ice-cream. Emma dyed the cake blue and made poured yellow frosting over it with sprinkles. It was cute and she did a fabulous job! I also had some birthday calls and texts and messages and a couple cards. I am thankful for another year and hope I can do things this upcoming year that will be pleasing to my Heavenly Father!














No comments:
Post a Comment