Thursday, May 24, 2018

A full circle Mother's Day

All day on Mother's Day, the shape of a circle kept appearing all day!  And I kept thinking about how the love of a mother has no end, and their love is a full circle, no matter what.  Because of our mother's love, we are shaped into who we are.

The day started out with me groggy because Sydnie has had roseola and was up a lot the night before.  After I woke up, I went upstairs to check on the bustling and noises going on all over.  Cal and Lucy were in the kitchen and as I approached, Lucy darted out, pointed her finger at me and said "get downstairs!" with a mischievous and fun Lucy smile on her face.  So I went back to finish getting ready and waited.  Dave went up to help them, and they were making pancakes for me.  They brought down a big cup of milk, and a pancake and were impressed that the pancake had a circle in it. They got my order of what type of syrup I wanted and were so proud they did it.  It was so sweet and I was so thankful!  Dave was laughing as he told me later they were trying to mix the batter on the pancake pan and it wouldn't be mother's day with out a catastrophe, and they broke a few plates, but hey, that's life with kids, and it is so worth it. They were even all showered and dressed for church when they came down!  Cov came and helped them for a part of the time, and Emma was still sleeping, haha!  I haven't gotten breakfast in bed much because my eldest is a night owl/sleeper inner so this was very sweet!  The pancakes were very good, but sweeter was their little hearts.

We finished getting everyone ready, and headed to church.  On the way out, there was some chalk art from the kids on the porch which said "Happy Mother's Day" and there were circle flowers underneath.  Services there were so nice, and the Relief Society lesson (we laughed as the other Primary counselor and I left the Primary room and told the men taking over "good luck!" was even better.  The Spirit was so strong and made us all thankful for the powerful women in our lives.  As I was listening, I felt such a gratitude for all of the women who helped make my mom who she is today.  She did not have it easy growing up and didn't really have an example in her home of a Mother who nurtures in God's way.  So I am thankful for all of the church teachers and leaders she had, friends moms, neighbors, piano teacher, and others who showed her the way and helped raise her.  To me, though I don't know any of them, I am thankful for what they did for her and for me through her.  We munched on chocolate chip cookies during the lesson, and I made oatmeal raisin cookies for the women with a tag that said "Thanks for 'raisin' me mom!" from the Primary.  See, more circles - all the cookies!  We also got some potted succulents and a chocolate bar.  Spoiled!

When we got home, we went out for a walk/bike ride.  It was a beautiful day, so warm and sunny.  Those bike tires and stroller wheels kept on turning all around the neighborhood. I love being outside with my loves.  We got dinner ready.  I helped a bit because Dave was really struggling with some back problems, poor babe! We had salmon and garlic rice and peas and fruit salad.  And then brownies and ice cream for dessert.  We opened presents.  Cov made a fingerprint flower bookmark and tissue paper flowers for me. Lucy made a cute card for me and a self portrait of us together. Cal made a note for me and helped Emma with her present.  His note read - "Dear Mom, we love you.  Always be sweet and you are as sweet as flowers to you and your family and everyone." They made some neat paper flowers together which they've been working on for weeks.  I love that they are so thoughtful and planned ahead.  What sweeties!  Emma made a whole bath set with homemade bath fizzies, bath bombs, and sugar scrub.  The tag on it said "I  love you. I play with you.  I say I love U Mom. Happy Mother's Day Mom!  Love you!  <3 E"  Dave's gift to me was a cute card he made and then a circle monogrammed R Ryerse sign, which I am excited to put in our new home!  Ah, I love them.  They are so thoughtful and sweet!

We sent some manicure/hand cream kits to our mothers along with some funky cards we made and watercolored.  We traced Cov's hands for the base so he had to get a picture with them.  When I think of my mom, I think of her beautiful, caring, kind, hard working, talented, strong hands.  So it was fitting.  I am so thankful for her, and my mother-in-law Sue. 

Then we played Cranium together, my choice.  The game pieces go in a circular shape around the board - more circles! After that, it was time to video chat over the computer with Grandma Di, Grandpa Scott, Aunt Mayela, Uncle Marko and Amber and after that, Grandma Sue & Grandpa Dan and Aunt Julie.  I love them forever! It was a great way to end a sweet mother's day! 










No comments: