Sunday, July 26, 2015

We flippin' love our father!

Father's Day weekend was perfect!  We began celebrating Saturday, as we went to Casper for the day to get away.  We had intentions of climbing Independence Rock.  But as we walked out of our car and over to the picnic area for lunch, we each got a handful of mosquito bites, and they were swarming everywhere!  So, we appreciated the landmark and read the signs through the window to the kids in the car over our "picnic".  Hope to go back soon to climb to the top, though.

Then, we drove up to Casper Mountain.  It was a pretty spot!  Who knew Wyoming could be so green?!  We got out and hiked around a bit, chased some butterflies, looked at the clouds and wild flowers, and it was a beautiful day.  Lucy & Cal were refusing to get pictures, they kept running away but Emma and Cov cooperated ("You'll thank me someday" I tel them)!




Then we went back down to town and got our Sonic happy hour on, did some much needed shopping, got some pizzas and headed to the Castle park, which the kids loved.  We ended the night at the NIRA (National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association) Rodeo at the Events Center.  It was a fun, fast-paced rodeo!  Probably one of the best I've been to!  Emma really loved it, and Cal was sorta enjoying it.  In the bathroom, Lucy saw one of the Rodeo gals and her jaw dropped, it was pretty funny!  Cov was even into it and liked the horses and putting his cowboy hat on Daddy!




Sunday morning, the kids insisted on making breakfast in bed for Daddy.  They wanted to make German pancakes.  They've also been working on finishing this coloring book all about dads to give to him with his breakfast.  It was so cute, and Cal was adorable delivering it to Daddy so very carefully.  They sang him "happy father's day to you".  It was sweet, and he was very grateful!

At church, we had some nice talks, the Primary sang "I Love to See the Temple", and we helped the kids make these peanut goodies and cards to give to their dads which they all liked it seemed.  We also made peanut jars for the grandpas...and cards for them.



When we came home, Emma was so excited to have him open his presents.  I got him a WSU apron, so he has something to wear while he's grilling.  And some other grilling accessories.  We made bacon and cheese stuffed hamburgers...yum!  They were so good!  We just hung out and took it easy that night.  Then we had grill cupcakes the kids helped make.  Fun, no?






This guy sure is a great dad (that doesn't like his picture taken, lol!)!!!  That night, he kept thanking me and telling me how amazing I am.  Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?  He's so fun with the kids.  They love playing and snuggling with him, having interviews on Sunday with him every few months, staying up later than normal some nights to spend one-on-one time with him, and just being around him.   Cov won't let me do some things for him, and every night before bed, he wants to sing "Daddy's song", which is "Daddy's Homecoming" or a song Dave made up that is just singing "Daddy daddy daddy" over and over again on different pitches.  Dave presides in our home in "love and righteousness" and he is a great provider.  I'm so thankful for that!  Happy father's Day, love!

"By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families." - The Family: A Proclamation to the World

A Happy Father's Day also to my dads, who are also sure great ones!  I'm thankful I have a dad who helped teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to me, taught me to value work & the importance of saving money.  My father-in-law is great, I love his laid-back ways.  My aunt calls him Mr. H.S. (happy soul).  And that's what he is.  He is a man who fears God and is happy because of it.  I'm very thankful to my Heavenly Father.  He is the Father of us all and is the epitome of what a father should be!  I'm thankful even if we don't have Dads we feel close to or that are alive, God always listens to us, is supporting us, watching over and protecting us, helping and blessing us in the way that is best for us.  I love Him and am thankful I know He is there for me always.

No comments: