Sunday, November 30, 2014

Our new jobs

In October, Dave got a pretty big promotion at his work.  He is now the Chief Operating Officer at the hospital.  Yay!  He's been kinda underpaid this past year but took the job because he knew the experience would be worth it.  And recently he was rewarded!  I'm so proud of him, he does a great job and is making the hospital a better place.  His employees are always saying how great he is, and I'm just like "I know, right?!"  The CEO at the hospital, Ned, just left and now there is an interim.  He was always telling Dave he needed to be more aggressive and more mean, but I don't think that's in Dave's nature.  He can get the job done while being nice.  Congrats, hon!

I took a job in October as a [very] part-time Merchandiser for American Greetings.  I stock cards, wrapping paper, and other fun seasonal things.  It's very part-time, so I can go in on Saturdays or at nights for a few hours after the kids go to bed to the three stores we supply for.  It's been great so far!  I'm really enjoying how flexible it is, it's fun to do so it feels like a break from the daily nitty-gritty, nice to learn some new skills and meet some new people on the way, and it gives Dave more of a chance to spend quality time alone with the kids and I feel like being a better mom when I get home.  Of course, my first and most important career has always been and will always be MOM!  And at first, I felt so guilty taking this job, but Dave and I really felt it would be good, I wanted to do it, and felt good when I prayed about it.  But I think this allows me to be a better mom to my kids.  So it works out perfectly!


Emma recently started helping out volunteering at the animal shelter on Thursdays.  This is in leiu of us getting a cat, which she's been begging for for years.  She gets her kitty fix in, Mom gets to take her and spend some quality time with her, it's a win-win.  

Cal has been looking for help wanted: good friends.  One day he came home a little upset so when we talked about it, he said "I'll tell you the worst part of my day, I had no friends to play with at recess!"  He was teary eyed and it about broke my heart!  He is so social, but a lot of his other friends were playing with other people and he had no one to play with.  It was so sad to see him!  But a few days later, he was playing with a new friend or two.  It's kinda hard how friends come and go and grow and evolve.  I remember that.  But he's a nice kid, I'm sure he'll have no problems.  But it's just really so sad to see your kids go through this.  

Lucy's accepted a position in our family as the drama queen.  Oh, wow!  She certainly has earned that title.  She is for sure a girl with her emotions going up and down all day.  Emma was never really like this, so we're not sure what to do with her sometimes.  She is quite the cute girl, but can be so strong-willed and stubborn at times.

     


Cov's new job is our family comedian.  He has been saying the funniest things and doing the silliest things that always makes us laugh.  When he has a dirty diaper lately, we will ask him "Cov, are you stinky?" to which he promptly shakes his head and says "uh uh".  Then he begins to point at the other kids.  Lol!  When he knows he's getting into trouble, he gives us a huge grin, smiles, and runs the other way.  Aunt Julie taught him how to put his face towards the ceiling and do an evil laugh, that's pretty funny too.  He does so many more things, too that just make us laugh.  Like his cute walk, his dancing, the funny looks on his face.  

1 comment:

Lesley Harvey said...

Congrats on the new jobs! And sounds like life is busy as always. Love watching your cute family and reading your blog.