When they came here, we made lots of yummy food...we had Ryerse Tacos and made a giant pizza cookie. We talked a bunch, which was so great to catch up. Besides our blabbing, the kids played hard, we watched Studio C and other YouTube greats one night, went to the Wyoming Frontier Prison on a tour (our first time, except Dave went this year for the Halloween haunted tour), went on a double date to Anongs to get some Thai food, and played some games.
That weekend, the girls all went to Time Out for Women. This was my second time going. I just love it! It was so amazing to be with the ladies I love the most - my mom and sisters. And the speakers and presenters really were fantastic! We got to see Mercy River, Elaine Dalton, Nicole Pikus-Pace, Sheri Dew, Camille Fronk Olson, Emily Watts, Kris Belcher, Gentri, and so many more amazing people who helped encourage us to be leaders and illuminate light. That was the theme: Inevitable light. I learned and felt some great things. One of the best things I was impressed to start doing was to make my children think more, ask more questions, make more mistakes, and tell them "yes" more and "no" less. Then, I need to let the Savior's enabling power take over my life. He can do so much more with me than I can do alone, if I let him. It was so inspiring! Thanks, Mom and sisters, for the wonderful weekend!
While we were there, Dave went to the BYU football game, and so did Adam, Meghan, their kids and my dad. Then, we went to the Ryerses, where we played with those cousins. Lucy and Brody ran aroud screaming and Cov tried to keep up with them, Cal and Kaison played video games and with boy toys, and the oldest girls did a fashion show together. They're all a hoot and just love each other! It's so great! We love our family, and it's true what they say, distance makes the heart grow fonder! We are so fond of all of our family and cherish the special moments we have with them.















No comments:
Post a Comment