We were able to celebrate our nine year anniversary on August 10. We did a little celebrating the day before though, since the 10th fell on a Sunday. It was such a great day! We got a sitter for the kids and went golfing. It was my turn to plan festivities this year and I thought 9 hokes of golf for nine years of marriage sounded about right. I got Dave a new shirt, which featured a Cougar logo, he loved it. We made it to Rochelle Ranch golf course and were on time for our tee time and lucky for us, it was customer appreciation day, so it was half price green fees, $5 golf carts and free cupcakes. Score! We bought a bunch of extra golf balls since we've heard between the wind and sagebrush, you're bound to loose some balls. We started off on the driving range, it was totally embarrassing on my end. Dave, on the other hand was very good, he ever told me he was a pro! He had great form in his swing and could hit those balls 300 feet! I've been to driving ranges before, but never real golfing before, so it was quite the adventure. My Dave was nice and helped me a lot! It was a little windy, but the weather was perfect! We did the last nine holes. I don't know if Dave had more fun driving the cart or playing golf! (Good thing the ranger did not see us doing donuts, haha) It was a unique and beautiful course. There was old farm equipment adorning the course along the way and plenty of deer and antelope out on the green. It was pretty tough and my props to golfers, I was sore the day after. But as difficult as the course has a reputation for, we didn't loose one ball! Now I won't mention my score, but Dave did well though we stopped keeping score. It was super fun though and my favorite part was looking for the balls that ended up in the sagebrush and of course having some uninterrupted time with my man. As I thought about it, marriage is a lot like golfing. Lots of ups and downs, smooth and rough, difficult and easy parts of the course. But with lots of practice and patience, you can always make it to the hole. For us that hole means making it back to our heavenly home together, and enjoying the promises of an eternal marriage. I also always kind of made fun of golf, thinking it was kind of a sissy sport, but I was so sore the days following! It is a good workout, so my kudos to all golfers out there.












After we got home, we left to go to the demolition derby at the fair with the kids. On our honeymoon, we went to a derby at Bear Lake, so I thought it would be appropriate. This was Lucy and Cov's first time at one. I don't know what it is but we love the dirt and loud noises and crashes at a derby. It was a good one, but the kids got restless when they had to clean up and set up again after each heat. They were tired and hungry and cranky and so we left.
Then some friends of ours watched the kids while we went up to Brian Park by the Snowy Range Mountains. The drive was beautiful! Some of the people at Dave's work run Rendezvous Lodge up there and we went there for dinner. Oh my! It was so delicious, I had the chicken fried steak, best I've ever had, and Dave's steak was good, too. And their hospitality was amazing! This couple was so fun and we can't wait to go back and take the kids. That night, we saw the "super" moon, it was so full and beautiful!
Sunday was our real anniversary. We went to church, the usual thing there. Awesome! Then we went over to the Schaef's for dinner with friends. They grilled up some crawdads and all kinds of other southern specialties. I forgot to take pictures, except at the end when we were playing a game.
When we got home, we watched our wedding video, our kids love that always, and I never get sick of it either. I got a fondue set (made out of ceramic, the traditional 9 year anniversary gift) which we enjoyed some yummy chocolate dipping with our entire family to celebrate. Dave enjoyed lighting the little candle to keep it warm with his new flame torch (boys and their toys, ha ha)! The kids loved doing that and getting messy in the chocolate fondue. Dave got me a cute customized cutting board that's adorable and a sweet card.
Happy 9 years, babe, I have so much love "fore"you. Can't believe its been that long. You are the best choice for me and I love you, love you, love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment