Sunday, September 1, 2013

End of summer...bummer!

This time of year is always a little sad for me.  I love, love summer and am kind of sad to see it end.  It seems like it always goes by so fast and we never get to everything we wanted to.  Around here, we've been enjoying a new baby and trying to enjoy what's left of summer before we go back to school and back to work.

We've been trying to finish up the last few things on our summer bucket list.  I think we've done pretty well (though sorry, Emma, I don't know if we'll check "get a kitty" or "go to Disneyland" off our list this year!), and have had fun coming up with activities and looking forward to something fun to do in the afternoons after we've finished our responsibilities.


Some items on our list are simple, and others take a little more planning and preparation.  But whatever its been it's been fun together!  I have been slacking with taking pictures this summer, but I did take some of a few of our activities.  I have heard that with your first child, you take pictures all of the time of everything, and by the 3rd, 4th, and subsequent kids, you're lucky to even get a photo or two of their major milestones!  :)  Hopefully I'll keep up and try to preserve our memories through pictures.  Well, here are a few of the fun things of our bucket list we've done lately.

Bubble blowing with home-made bubbles...We used all kinds of tools to try blowing them, but the kids had the most fun just using their hands!



Cov snoozes through most of our fun...but we're glad he's around!  

What says summer like snow cones?!

Our visit to Temple Square was awesome!  We loved the visitors centers, listening to the organist practice in the Tabernacle, and seeing the beautiful plaza and temple, of course!









Touring the Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolate factory - drool on!



Bountiful Summerfest - we loved the music and dancing from all around the world!

Playing pretend!  We had a Princess, a football player, a fairy and Coverton got dressed up as a cowboy.

No comments: