Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Pig Out in the Park

We had a nice Labor Day holiday, the last day of summer!  To celebrate, we slept in and hung out in the morning, cashed in on some of the Labor Day sales, then went to Pig Out in the Park. 
 
On the drive downtown, Cal said he needed chapstick.  So I gave him some chapstick.  When I checked back a few moments later, this is what I saw!  He had it all over his face.  I got a wipe and started wiping the glop off of him when he said "but Mom!  My lips hurt real bad!"  Ha ha!
 

We got to Riverfront Park where Pig Out in the Park is held.  They had all kinds of food vendors there as well as concerts.  We went with the Bennetts, Bouviers, Bowmans, and Colliers.  We also ran into a few other families from our ward.  It was a perfect, beautiful day! 

We had a hard time choosing what to eat, there were so many choices!  Dave got Longhorn BBQ, I chose the PHAT Truck chicken bacon ham slaw sandwich and fries, Emma just wanted lemonade as she wasn't feeling well and Cal and Lucy picked pizza.  The best part, though, were these mini cinnamon sugar donuts we got after we ate lunch, they were so good!  I think I ate most of them myself and I'm not usually huge on donuts unless it's a cake donut, or a maple bar.

Lucy loved baby Olive and kept going to check her out!

Emma was so lethargic and really not having a fun time.  ):  Poor thing!  But she said she was okay to go, so we took her but kept her away from the little peeps. 

Cal's Pals...Spencer and the Lucys. 


We had a great time talking under the shade with our friends and playing on the playground.  We finally left because Em and I had haircut appointments.  We did that and went home early to get ready for Emma's first day of school the next morning!

No comments: