First day of school, always so exciting! Last night, we had an FHE where we talked about school a little bit, and how to get along with classmates, read "'Twas the Night Before Kindergarten" (but we changed it to 1st grade) and played Back to School Bingo, and then Dave gave her a father's blessing. That was great!
Emma, not a morning person, even woke up willingly today!
We had face pancakes for breakfast and orange julius which was Emma's request.
Last year, kindergartner and this year, first grade girl! What a difference a year makes!
Emma enjoyed shopping for some school clothes and school supplies and she picked out her back-to-school outfit. She sported a cute pink vest t-shirt from Fred Meyer, some jeggings from Children's place and her new Hello Kitty ballet flats! She looked so adorable and grown up!
Getting ready to go...a little nervous, a little exited!
Getting in line for Mrs. Olson's class. She seems really great, we're excited!
While we were waiting for her teacher to come out, Cal just rushed up and gave Emma two big hugs as if he didn't want to let go! It was sweet! I couldn't get the camera out in time to capture that, but I got him holding her hand. We will miss her during the day! Cal especially misses his favorite playmate. I guess I'm just not as fun to play with, though I tried giving him some fun one-on-one time.
So off she went, to school for the full-day! And how did she do? She really liked it! Her best school friend, Brooklyn, was in her class. So we were grateful for that! They're two peas in a pod! After school, she told us all about it. Her favorite part? Lunch & recess! Typical kid! :)
For after-school snacks, I made this candy filled pencil that had bubble gum and Hershey kisses in it. Then we made some peanut butter kiss cookies. First day of school, the only day I make an after-school snack that yummy! The rest of the year, it's like cheese and crackers, or fruit or veggies and dip or something simple like that.
As if the day wasn't good enough, we had some more fun! She got a birthday package from Aunt Amy & Uncle Kolby! She got an adorable shirt, a John Deere camera, some necklaces, balloons, and candy. Thanks, guys! :) She was so excited!
Since it was such a nice day, we had fun in the backyard on the slip n' slide with all the neighbors. Whee...it was a blast! I got pretty wet myself!! The best part was hearing the kids cheer each other on and all giggling as the others went down the slide!
Where's the Lucy?
There she is!
Then we went in for chicken pot pie, which is Emma's favorite again (geez, you would think it was her birthday all over again! I make it a point to make the first day fun though)! And then we talked about her day and went through all of the paper work. Here's the picture she drew of herself today! What a sweetie! It's wierd not having her here during the day, we miss her! But I better get used to it because it's going to be like this for a long, long time! Here's to a great school year!





















2 comments:
I seriously remember when you were pregnant with Emma and it really wasn't all that long ago! Not like first grader long ago! Man time flies!
Emma is getting so big! She looks so cute!
Post a Comment