Emma's bottom two teeth have been loose since December, her bottom middle two. When we were down in Utah for Christmas, Stacy pointed out that her other permanent teeth were growing in behind her loose baby teeth. I panicked, of course, but when we went to the dentist when we got home, they assured me it was normal, unless the teeth just won't come out after a long period of time. But they said her teeth were so loose they'd probably just come out when she sneezed! Emma worked hard to get them out.
Emma wiggled her tooth with her tongue...
Wiggled her tooth with her fingers....
She tried to get it out with dental floss...
She worked a lot to try to get that darn tooth out!
Em was a little hesitant to have me help her and was super nervous anytime I wanted to "see" the tooth. One morning, she came down the stairs and while holding her tooth (her bottom left one) proudly up said, "Mom! I lost my tooth!"
She was super stoked to be able to tell all of her classmates, friends and family about the good news!
While Em was at school, I made this tooth fairy pillow for her. You put the tooth (in a zip lock baggie, of course) in the mouth.
I put a ribbon on there so we could hang it on her door. Emma was pretty excited about it! I thought it turned out cute. We asked her how much kids in her class were getting from the tooth fairy, and she told us "Five bucks". Wow! I didn't know the tooth fairy was that loaded! Forget robbing the bank, rob the tooth fairy! For her first tooth, the tooth fairy brought Emma $2. She was so, so excited!!
Less than two weeks later, Emma lost the other one from the bottom! The tooth fairy brought $1.50 this time in exchange for her teeth. Now she's trying to wiggle more teeth to get them loose so she can get more money from the tooth fairy! Ha ha! I can't believe I'm old enough to have a kid who's losing teeth! That's wierd to me! But good at the same time. Another exciting rite of passage!
Now she has a little gap on the bottom of her mouth, but as you can see (sorry if this is a little graphic), her other teeth are growing in nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment