Sunday, August 7, 2011

I love my family, farewell all!

The past couple of months have been great, to have been able to spend so much time with family! We've had the privilege of staying with Dave's family the last month and a half. They've been so good to us! We've loved being able to see them so much (though I don't know if they could say the same for us!) Screaming baby, toddler meltdowns, and four-year old drama...Just teasing, I'm sure they enjoy it, too!
Most people ask, "So, how is it living with your in-laws?" thinking there will be a lot of dirt or everyone is driving each other crazy. But they are so great, and we are so thankful that they are the people they are, and are so willing to let us come into their home. I always said I'd never live with family, but this summer, we really had no other choice. I love them all so much!
My mother-in-law Sue is awesome! She loves the kids, and the kids love her! They enjoy watching Scooby Doo and other cartoons with her on her bed, helping them pet the kitties, and eating Otter Pops together. She takes the kids to the store with her quite a bit, and they love that, especially Emma! I always tell Emma not to ask for anything, but she always comes home with something for her and Cal, and a bunch of food she got to pick out. She will do favors for me, like fold up my laundry before I can get to it, and clean up after our messes because she says she'd rather have me play with the kids than clean. She really is great and I'm so grateful she is my other Mom!
My sister-in-law Julie is amazing! She's always willing to step up to the plate and help out with the kids without being asked. She is so cute with the kids and they just love her! The other day I was packing, and I noticed in the bathroom box, she put a bottle of vanilla soap (my favorite) from Bath & Body Works in our box. She's always doing sweet things like that.
Grandpa Dan, my father-in-law has also been so good! He's very funny, and the kids just love him! He always says funny things. He's been calling Cal "Tickle Boy" and tickles him and he likes to tease the kids. He's so laid-back and easy to get along with. I appreciate how hard he works. He's always doing something!
Randy has been nice, too. He's never complained about sharing his space with us. There's just one problem, I think he's rubbing off on us! He stays up way late, and Dave and I have been staying up unusually late as well.
We've also been spending lots of time with my parents and family. We're so lucky to have them both live in Bountiful. Makes it very convenient! (:
My dad loves the kids and they've softened him up a lot! He has been getting emotional the last few times we've been with him. He says things like "Emma, who's going to give Grandpa a hard time when you're gone?" He tells Cal "Come see me! Grandpa won't get to see you as much anymore!" And when he holds Lucy, he tells her how much he's going to miss her. He got a little choked up. My parents are going up with us to help us move, so we will get to see them a bit longer. They are so good to us!
Ever since we had Emma, I've been visiting once a week, usually on Friday. Dave would drop us off on his way to work, and we'd spend the day with my Mom (and Dad on his flex days). I will miss those days so much, but we're going to Skype it up and call her all of the time! I love my Mom! She is the best Mom and Grandma around! What am I going to do without my mommy? I guess I'll figure things out. We were joking she should come be our nanny! (: I wouldn't mind that. Or she said with all of her grandkids living away, she should get a job with the airlines so she could fly for free and come see us all of the time.
The kids also love Uncle Marko! Who doesn't? They get so excited when he comes and love to play and wrestle and have a good time with him! He's fun to talk to and a great bro.
And then there are the cousins...they are so cute and will miss each other so, SO much! This past weekend, Stacy & Jerry took Emma, and we took Kaison so the kids could have sleepovers together. Em and Tayla did all kinds of activities together, and the boys got into all kinds of trouble together. Stacy picked up these cute matching dresses and did their hair like princesses. They looked so darn adorable!
The boys...always up to no good! Cal idolizes Kaison and wants to do everything he does! Here they are wearing Grandma's glasses. Tee hee!
Brody and Lucy!
Brody is all over now, he's so active and happy!
The Ryerse cousins! Come visit us, guys! And we'll do the same!
Silly faces!
Lucy is oblivious to this whole move. Cal has really idea what’s going on, though he is excited to get his box of trucks back when we move! Most of his toys are packed up, and it's torture for him seeing his box of trucks in a clear storage tote out in the garage on the bottom of a stack of boxes. That, and when he’s driving other cars or his bikes around, he says “I’m driving to Washington!” I think it has set in to Emma what’s going to happen. She has always been able to figure things out and sense when change is coming. Emma’s excited to move, but also sad. My sister Amy took our pictures the other night. When we were done, we were trying to figure out what we were going to go do. We hadn’t eaten dinner yet, so we asked if Amy and Kolby wanted to come. They needed to get going. They explained to the kids that this would be the last time they’d see them before we move. We said goodbyes and buckled the kids in the car. We were outside talking for a minute and then I went in to put some things in the car and we noticed Emma was crying. I asked her what was wrong. “I’m saaaaaad!” she wailed. “I want Amy!” I think that night, it finally set in. It made me so sad to see her crying, and it made it set in for me as well, I started crying, and Amy started crying! We were all just bawling! Emma was so cute, but it was so sad at the same time! Her eyes were red and she was sniffling. We will miss them and the rest of our family so, SO bad! But this will be a good experience for everyone, though it will be hard! Distance makes the heart grow fonder, I just have to keep telling myself. I’m just grateful for Facebook, Skype, cell phones, and all of the other technology that will help us all keep in touch! It helps a lot!
We just had to get a picture of Emma and Amy! Emma managed to smile, though her face is red from crying.
Then here are all of the girls! You can see though we're all smiling though our hearts are breaking. I love my sister!
We really do have the best family! I know everyone always says that, and it sounds clique, but in this case, it's true. I will sure miss everyone when we move to WA. I love you ALL! Please call, come visit, write, Skype, and we'll do the same! We'll miss you! But smile, and don't be sad! (: We will come back in two years!

1 comment:

RyerseCrew said...

We love you guys too!