Sunday, July 31, 2011

Time to prepare...for Halloween!

Today is July 31, which means we're only 3 short months away from Halloween, yahoooo! This also means I need to get going on making Halloween costumes! We love Halloween and go all out! To prepare, we shop garage sells, hit the D.I., utilize eBay, visit costume shops, borrow items from family members and friends, and use fabric I can find at a good deal to make our costumes each year. So I need to start early. There's just one problem, we're not sure what we should be yet! Maybe you can help us out!

The first year we were married, Dave & I were cowboys...but I don't have a picture from that year. ):
2006 - When Emma was a new little baby, we were the Carebears. I was Cheer Bear, Emma was Wish Bear and Dave was Funshine Bear.
2007 - We were the Flinstones, the modern stone-age family! Dave was Fred, Emma was Pebbles, and I was Wilma.
2008 - Blue Man Group! Betcha never saw a pregnant member of the group on the Vegas strip...I was 8 months pregnant at the time! We love Blue Man Group, and saw them in concert earlier that year.
2009 - The cast from the musical "Wicked". I was Elphaba the witch, Dave was Fiyero, the stud of the show, Emma was Glinda the good witch, and Cal, a flying monkey. We went to see Wicked that year, and we love it!

2010 - Kiss! This was Dave's idea, and at first I thought "you gotta be kidding me?!" But we had the most fun with it! People ask us how we're going to top that...Well, you help us decide!

Now, it's time to vote for 2011 - Option #1. The Incredibles! I'll be sewing lots of spandex, but it will be worth it!
Option #2. The Simpsons! This is my favorite choice (and Cal's, too! I guess that means 2 to 1 to 1. We win! JK). I think it would be fun!
Option #3. M&M's! This one is Emma's idea. Which I think would be cute.
Option #4. Write-in. Do you have a unique idea for us of a favorite five-some? Let us know by commenting on this post or on my Facebook page. (: Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Kristie said...

I think they are all cute ideas, but the incredibles is my favorite one. Good luck! Can't wait to see what you guys decide!

Nanette said...

I like the Incredibles. It would be fun to see you guys in spandex. LOL. You are so creative with your ideas. I usually wait till the week before to figure out our costumes. I am pretty sure we are doing star wars this year, and so I should probably start planning it. I can't believe you got Dave to wear a care bears costume. That is so awesome.

Lesley Harvey said...

Cam and I both vote Incredibles. Love looking at all your past Halloweens. So fun!

Stacey said...

Incredibles!!