Monday, March 23, 2009

Valentine's Day!

I love Valentine’s Day (okay, okay…I know I say that about just about every holiday, but I guess I’m just a little festive)! This year, I decided to do the Fourteen Days of Valentine’s Day for Dave. Each day, I gave him a little something, or do something for him, along with a little note explaining the significance. Some were inside jokes, so you may think it’s lame, but Dave really liked it! Here are a few of the things we did.

· Love notes in his lunch (which I try to do often)
· The kids and I put on sunglasses and sang “You are my Sunshine!” for a singing telegram.
· A mini box of chocolates that had a big truck on it that says “I like the way you roll!”
· Some pictures we took at the photo booth in Kmart
· A new orange tie
· Valentine’s card
· A flute performance of “Valentine” by Lukas Foss
· Craft flowers Emma and I made
· Gum (because we’ve stuck together so long)
· Heart attack in his cubicle
· Homemade poppy seed bread
· Valentine’s breakfast

Here's the "heart attack" Dave took some pictures of. His favorite heart was the one below.

Our candlelight Valentine's breakfast


Dave is also very sweet and always sends cute e-mails and pictures he draws, and little notes. On Valentine’s Day, he brought me an orange flower, and chocolate marshmallow and cherry ju ju hearts. On Valentine’s Day, we had our special family breakfast featuring heart-shaped eggs, cinnamon chocolate chip pancakes and hash browns. That night, Grandma and Grandpa Stoddard came up to have a Valentine’s Day party with Emma and Cal (they had a heart-shaped pizza and ate popsicles, colored Valentine’s pictures, and watched Charlie Brown’s Valentine’s Day), while Dave and I went to the young married’s Valentine dance. We had fun seeing some friends we hadn’t seen in a while, eating Costa Vida for dinner, getting pictures taken, decorating sugar cookies, and dancing. We decided we’re such terrible dancers, so when Dave finishes school and we have an open weeknight, we made a goal to take dancing lessons or check out videos on how to really dance – the waltz, tango, salsa, ballroom, swing, whatever we can find. The night was fun and we did a little reminiscing together about our marriage so far. It’s been so amazing! I’m so happy I have such a fun spouse who makes me smile always.

Hugs and kisses for Callahan on Valentine's Day!


The Valentine's Dance


No comments: