We found out that we are going to have a BOY! Hooray! We would have been happy to have either, but it's great to have at least one of each. I had an inkling that it would be a boy, based on the way I felt, compared to my pregnancy with Emma. So I was right, and lots of others thought it was going to be a boy as well.
Daddy, Mommy & Emma went to the appointment at Ogden Regional last Thursday. We had an interesting experience, as the hospitals are experimenting with something new, and we got to be the guinea pigs. They call it tele-natal medicine. We had a x-ray tech in our room taking the ultrasound pictures, but instead of the doctor being in the room discussing the images, we had a doctor from Salt Lake via a webcam. She appeared on half of a large screen TV in our room, while the ultrasound pictures were on the other side. It was kind of cool.
The baby was moving around tons, he is a mover! They couldn't even get any good pictures for a while. The tech kept joking that when he was done exercising or jogging, she could get her job done. Everything looked great, and the tech and doctor both said that it was definitely, without a doubt, a boy. He is "well-endowed" as Dave said. Of course, I couldn't really make out the part that they were pointing to that indicated that. But most of the time, I can't tell what anything is. Good thing they explain it well, and label it on the pictures. The doctor said he will be a little stubborn boy, but he is absolutely perfect. To that, I said "he'll be exactly like his father, then." Which is true. Dave is stubborn, but perfect! The doctor said she would give him 100% if the ultra-sound was a test, he passed with flying colors. So we're blessed he looks good and healthy. I thought the cutest thing was that he opened his mouth really wide and was sticking his fingers in his mouth. It was funny.
So we'll have a son, and Emma will have a brother, on or about December 5. The measurements also pointed to that due date. So we're excited for you, little boy, and can't wait until then to really see you!
4 comments:
Mel I'm SO excited for you guys! It seems so far away but before you know it December will come. We're so happy for you, Emma is going to be a GREAT big sister...you guys are awesome-we love you!
That is so exciting! That is so cute that you saw him sticking his fingers in his mouth, it sounds like he is going to be quite the active boy. Fun stuff! It will be really fun to see Emma handle the baby after he comes, she's such a cute little girl, she'll be an awesome little role model for your son.
Yey!!! Congratulations! I'm so excited that you're having a boy! It is so amazing how different little boys and girls can be. When we get together with my sister who has a daughter a month younger than Keegan it is amazing how different and adorable they both are! Any names? How are you feeling?
I know I told you already, but CONGRATS!!!!! You'll be so happy to have one of each.
Post a Comment