So we made it on that, and then the second TV appearance came yesterday, July 23. Every year, we attend the Handcart Days parade in Bountiful. Dave and I have both been attending for years, as both of our families are from Utah. I was sitting in the truck bed of Dave's parents truck with Tayla and Emma waiting for the parade to start when a Fox 13 camera man came up to me and asked me a few questions about the parade, why I like it, why I come, etc. Jerry (bro-in-law) was standing by me and they interviewed him too. We thought that was kind of funny. But then the camera man went down about a half a block to the rest of the Ryerse's, not stopping to talk to anyone else. This was pretty funny we thought, because we didn't tell him we were related. So he went and talked to Dan (father-in-law) and Julie, and interviewed them for some sound bytes. He came back to us and asked us if all of us were related. We just laughed and I told him that we just stand out. So we watched the 9:00 o'clock news on Fox 13, and sure enough, they showed some of the parade highlights and then showed a clip of Dan first saying that he likes the parade and it's a great family tradition. Then they showed me and Emma with Tayla running in the background (caption underneath says "Melanie Ryerse" on the top line and then "loves the parade" below). They took the part where I said I like the parade because there are big floats from large organizations, and small stake floats, and it's just a fun thing for families to do. We all cracked up when we watched it. Again, I couldn't find the video of that online, but we're putting a picture up of Emma and Tayla at the parade right after the news guy came to us.
So we've made two TV debuts in a week, which we thought was kind of funny. Do you think I need an agent? Ha ha!
3 comments:
Yes you do need an agent - the tv just flocks to you I guess!!! Anyway - that's fun and it's too bad you cant find clips of the new and commercial.
That is so cute! I wish we could see the clips! See you soon. P.S. Tavin has been calling Emma's name every day and in nursery today he especially missed her!
o
Post a Comment