We had a Valentine's Day celebration like "gnome" other this year!
The kids started things off the weekend before by making their Valentine boxes and filling out Valentines. Coverton made a turtle box and Lucy made a frog one. Going for the amphibians /repitles theme this year I guess. They turned out so cute. Emma and I helped Cov a little but he mostly did it himself and Lucy was totally independent. I love seeing what they come up with! They gave out fruit snacks this year. Lucy had some cute food valentines and Cov gave out animal valentines. Sydnie passed out Frozen valentines with little heart mazes. We also made gnome bookmarks for our family to send in the mail as valentines. We personalized them all and they turned out pretty cute. "Gnome" body loves family as much as we do.
Dave and I celebrated the weekend before by going to Pine Creek ski resort in Cokeville. It was my turn to plan it and so we went snowboarding. He used to go in high school but hasn't been forever and I've never been. I got Dave some new goggles (his are in storage somewhere) and snowpants for his present. We got some rentals for the afternoon and gave it a try. We were pretty bad, lol! We fell alot and watched the kids all whiz past us and laughed. The bunny hill was our place that day. We enjoyed watching some of the other skiiers and snowboarders. We hope to get better and take our kids skiing and snowboarding so they learn how. We had a fun time though! Then we went to the Kettle restaurant for dinner. He had a steak and I had shrimp alfredo, with salad and bread and chocolate cake. It was pretty yummy! We had a great day. There is "gnome" one else for me but my Dave!
Coverton had a little party with some of his friends, the "Furry Club" which consists of Amy, Dean and Ray. They planned it all and had pizza and played games and all made special valentines for each other. Callahan went to the middle school dance and was dragged there by a friend who is on student council and had to go. Apparently his dancing was a hit and some friends dared him to take off his shirt (his singlet was under) and he did it. They came and hung out here after. Lucy made some extra valentines for her good friends and got a bunch of special ones from other gals. We also colored little wooden gnomes to pass out Monday, but we never got time to do that. We love hanging with our "gnomies" and I'm glad the kids have such nice friends!
Monday morning, we had German pancakes for breakfast, and got the kids off to school. Sydnie and I read lots of V-day books and did some little activities. For Cov's class they had a heart healthy party where they ate snacks that were good for their hearts. Lucy said they exchanged valentines and then watched a movie with facts about V-Day. Sydnie enjoyed her party in preschool. They mailed off valentines from the Post Office, exchanged their valentines (she loved the candy of course and looked at her Valentines over and over), did some painting and more. I put together some festive lunchboxes. Emma and Callahan had a regular day, but Lucy was sweet and shared her candy with them. I went ministering to my sisters and we took them some goodies and visited with them and let them know how much they are loved. Our little "gnomies" had a great day!
We had our family Valentine date with a Gnome theme this year. We had Swiss steak and mashed potatoes, strawberry gnomes, spring salad, peas, Bugles (gnome hats), and sparkling cider to drink. Then we made gnome bookmarks and decorated ours and then for each other wrote why we love them. We did a little photo booth thing next where the kids all took pictures in a gnome hat/beard I made. They insisted I do it too but Dave passed. Poor Lucy wasn't feeling well and the kids were so sweet to get her pillows and blankets, drinks, and give her hugs. That's love right there! She ended up staying home a few days after that. We had a short FHE lesson by Sydnie where we talked about the two great commandments to love the Lord and our fellow men. We were going to play hide the gnome and do gnome tag but we just ran out of time with the kids and their after school activities. So we put that on hold for another day. We adore our each other "gnome" matter what!
No comments:
Post a Comment