Sunday, October 10, 2021

He knows us individually

We recently were visiting our old branch, and as we partook of the sacrament, I noticed they had all of the bread in individual cups.  Usually they are all in one big pile of broken bread on the sacrament trays.  When I took the sacrament that day, thinking of the individual cups of bread and water, it got me thinking how Jesus Christ took upon Himself all of our pains, sorrows, sicknesses, heartbreaks and sins individually in the Garden of Gethsemane.  My flesh experience was felt by Him in the flesh. I always knew that, but it hit me in a different way this day.  The water in individual cups reminded me that some of those drops of blood He shed were mine, for me so I wouldn't have to suffer as He did if I turn to my Master and repent.  He is a God of love and loves us one by one, He knows us, He can help us.  That's why we take the sacrament each week, to remember that sacrifice, to remember that love is always there for us.  I am grateful for the gift of the Atonement, that it is personal. That Christ did what He did for us even when he wanted to pass that cup along, he endured for us.  He loves me, he loves you, as an individual and as such, knows just what we need and how to succor us.  In Him, we can be whole.  As I shared this experience and my testimony of the atonement, I could barely keep it together. Even Dave was crying and I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen him cry.  I also thanked our branch for the great examples they were to us of the Savior and sharing His love. We will miss our branch so much. But I am thankful there is one Church, one Gospel, one Christ wherever you go!

Image from ChurchofJesusChrist.org

Yongsung Kim's "Little One"




No comments: