We had the best 13th anniversary! We celebrated by having donuts for breakfast, working for Dave and unpacking and cleaning for Mel. Then we headed to Red Lodge to eat at the Carbon County steakhouse. We got a tomahawk steak, a little splurge. We'd never had that before, so Dave was excited! Nothing says true love like a big hunk of meat, right? We enjoyed a great night cozying up in our booth, talking and enjoying all the food. Then we explored the main street in Red Lodge a bit. A fun ski-town to visit and it's pretty close to us. They had flower baskets all over and fun touristy shops. We had the most fun at the candy store, picking out treats for all the kids and the babysitter. The kids had a great new babysitter we found and they had fun. We enjoyed the beautiful and scenic drive home while holding hands (usually do when we're in the car), watching the sun setting. As I was looking out the window, and saw my Dave sitting next to me, I felt so grateful for him. Of all the things outside the window, he's the best view! ;) He always helps make my gray days a little more sunny and my sunny days even sunnier. He helps me see the good thing in life. He helps me stop, breathe, and enjoy my surroundings. I love him forever! When we made it home, we kept with tradition and watched our wedding video on our computer as a family as the TV wasn't set up yet. And then looked at our scrapbooks. I was thinking back to when my family was questioning us getting married because we had really nothing. Dave said that all he had to offer me was his love. And he has shared that love with me all this time and I hope the love I give in return is as good to him. You're the best, babe!









No comments:
Post a Comment