My birthday occurred on a Sunday this year, which was nice. I taught the Senior primary class and helped out with Sharing and Singing time a bit. Then I took a nap on the ride home, we read some books and church magazines, worked on our goals a bit, and made some origami together and Cal and Daddy made his robot. I also got my own personal puppet show. I got some phone calls from family, which was nice. Then I got to relax while Dave and the kids made some lasagna, french bread, and ceasar salad. Dave does cook quite a bit on Sundays, and it is nice. He is so good to me! He also really involves the kids to make sure I don't have to do a thing. Dinner was delicious and it was great just talking with the family, hearing their favorite things about me and their best memories from the previous year. The overall impression I got was that it's the simple things that matter. These things that seem so simple and just take a few minutes - like tickle fights, or telling jokes, really stick out to the kids. Some of the kids made cards and little gifts, and I opened my spiralizer and cook book from my parents, which we've been putting to good use. Dave put together the bike he got me for Christmas/my birthday. It's a beautiful blue Diamond Back bike. I've been having a hankering to ride around with the kids and Dave lately. And he tuned into that and got me one! He also brought me some beautiful flowers as well. Then we had cake and ice cream, and had to sing the Scobey version (The regular HBD song, then "How old are you?" repeated over and over to the same tune? Then "Shout it out now!" and then you say your age, and then sing "She's ___ years old" to the HBD song again, and then shout out "hip hip hooray!" 3 times. Whew!). The night ended with baby snuggles and Dave snuggles, too. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of my love, but he's not the picture type of guy. ;) I'm a blessed lady!
Sunday, February 11, 2018
Mom's Birthday
I celebrated my 33rd birthday, and yes, I even remember my age now (for a while) and don't have to consult the kids as to how old I am (yet).
My birthday occurred on a Sunday this year, which was nice. I taught the Senior primary class and helped out with Sharing and Singing time a bit. Then I took a nap on the ride home, we read some books and church magazines, worked on our goals a bit, and made some origami together and Cal and Daddy made his robot. I also got my own personal puppet show. I got some phone calls from family, which was nice. Then I got to relax while Dave and the kids made some lasagna, french bread, and ceasar salad. Dave does cook quite a bit on Sundays, and it is nice. He is so good to me! He also really involves the kids to make sure I don't have to do a thing. Dinner was delicious and it was great just talking with the family, hearing their favorite things about me and their best memories from the previous year. The overall impression I got was that it's the simple things that matter. These things that seem so simple and just take a few minutes - like tickle fights, or telling jokes, really stick out to the kids. Some of the kids made cards and little gifts, and I opened my spiralizer and cook book from my parents, which we've been putting to good use. Dave put together the bike he got me for Christmas/my birthday. It's a beautiful blue Diamond Back bike. I've been having a hankering to ride around with the kids and Dave lately. And he tuned into that and got me one! He also brought me some beautiful flowers as well. Then we had cake and ice cream, and had to sing the Scobey version (The regular HBD song, then "How old are you?" repeated over and over to the same tune? Then "Shout it out now!" and then you say your age, and then sing "She's ___ years old" to the HBD song again, and then shout out "hip hip hooray!" 3 times. Whew!). The night ended with baby snuggles and Dave snuggles, too. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of my love, but he's not the picture type of guy. ;) I'm a blessed lady!
My birthday occurred on a Sunday this year, which was nice. I taught the Senior primary class and helped out with Sharing and Singing time a bit. Then I took a nap on the ride home, we read some books and church magazines, worked on our goals a bit, and made some origami together and Cal and Daddy made his robot. I also got my own personal puppet show. I got some phone calls from family, which was nice. Then I got to relax while Dave and the kids made some lasagna, french bread, and ceasar salad. Dave does cook quite a bit on Sundays, and it is nice. He is so good to me! He also really involves the kids to make sure I don't have to do a thing. Dinner was delicious and it was great just talking with the family, hearing their favorite things about me and their best memories from the previous year. The overall impression I got was that it's the simple things that matter. These things that seem so simple and just take a few minutes - like tickle fights, or telling jokes, really stick out to the kids. Some of the kids made cards and little gifts, and I opened my spiralizer and cook book from my parents, which we've been putting to good use. Dave put together the bike he got me for Christmas/my birthday. It's a beautiful blue Diamond Back bike. I've been having a hankering to ride around with the kids and Dave lately. And he tuned into that and got me one! He also brought me some beautiful flowers as well. Then we had cake and ice cream, and had to sing the Scobey version (The regular HBD song, then "How old are you?" repeated over and over to the same tune? Then "Shout it out now!" and then you say your age, and then sing "She's ___ years old" to the HBD song again, and then shout out "hip hip hooray!" 3 times. Whew!). The night ended with baby snuggles and Dave snuggles, too. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of my love, but he's not the picture type of guy. ;) I'm a blessed lady!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment