Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Katie & Kelly 3.1.16

We were able to go to Utah to celebrate the union of our good friend Katie Midgley and Kelly Root on 3.1.16.  It was such a neat day and we are beyond excited!  Katie has had lots of ups and downs in her life, probably more downs.  But she is an inspiration to me at how she always stays positive and has a smile on her face.  Her fun personality is just infectious!  Kelly's a great guy too, we knew him in college as he went to WSU with us and was involved in the band program a little.  

We went to the ceremony at the Bellington Manor, it was fun to see all of Katie's family and some good friends, as well as Kelly's family and my old band professor, Dr. Root.  When Katie came in she looked so happy and she was breathtaking! The marriage was performed by Katie's bishop from her singles ward.  It was really nice.  Then we were able to greet her and Kelly.  So happy to see Katie happy again!

Dave and I left for a little bit, figured since we had a babysitter, we might as well use our time wisely.  We went for dinner at the Prairie Schooner, which is just a fun atmosphere and pretty good food.  We mostly talked about upcoming decisions with the job situation.  Then we went back for the reception, they cut the cake, we rang our glasses more than we should've to see them kiss (I'm sure they didn't mind! ;) ), listened to a special musical presentation, and sat by Katie and Kelly for a while and talked to them.  Love these friends!  Congratulations, Roots!





It was funny because so many told me that I looked really good and happy.  In particular, Dr. Root just said that so many times.  Once, he said "I just can't get over it.  You look so...so...dazzling!  You look truly happy!"  I told him I really was.  And I really credit a lot of that to Dave for making me a happy wife.  Katie's mom Susan was saying along those same lines.  She said she thinks motherhood makes some women shine and said I'm one of them.  This is a little quote Katie had on her Facebook page a while back and I really liked it.

"My only relationship goal is to be with someone who motivates me to become a better person and show me the potential I don't see in myself"

I think she's getting that with Kelly and I'm thankful I have my Dave, who does motivate me to be a better person and helps me to see who he sees and reminds me of the potential God sees in me.

We just stayed that night.  Cov and Lucy had fun sleeping over with Grandma and Grandpa Ryerse, and Emma and Cal stayed over night with some friends back home so they wouldn't miss school.  They all had great times!  On the way back, Lucy buckled in her new presents from Grandma and played with them in their seat belts most of the drive home.  Cov had a nice nap and when he woke up his hair was up in the air hilarious!  It was a great trip and fun to take part in the wedding.

No comments: