Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Happy April Fools

We had a little fun around here for April fools...for the kid's lunches I always do a little something something.  I put eyes on their food with a note that said "I'm watching you...Happy April Fools!"  They thought that was pretty funny.  Then, for dinner, with our chicken stuffed anaheim peppers, I served "mixed veggies", which was actually taffy candy and skittles that were cut and shaped like the veggies.  Cal believed it, but then was delighted to find out it was sweet!  Emma looked at them funny like there wasn't something right about them, and picked right up on it, but didn't complain.  He played a trick on his friends at school where he said "I'm not going to be your friend anymore."  Then he said, when they looked said, he'd add quickly "April Fools!"  Emma and Cal also put a broken glass sticker with half a golf ball on Daddy's car, which he picked right up on, but they all still though it was funny.  Then, I got a little trick played on me.  When my piano student came, she was pulling out her books and said "Here, I want to start with this book".  She started helping me open it up when a big plastic spider jumped out!  It was pretty silly.  The first time any of my students has played a trick on me!  It was a fun day!  :)


No comments: