So it seems like many times I just write about our happy times, our fun events and family happenings. But most of the time, this is what my life looks like:
Spilled milk. Most of my life is wiping up spills, taking care of children and doing the menial tasks associated with that ("Mommy, can you wipe me now?"), sticky fingerprints all over the house, messes from everyone, piles of laundry, whining littles, never ending dishes, and disciplining children. But do I cry? I used to get upset by the little things, and sometimes I still do on a bad day...my kid's tease me about my infamous 'I just mopped the floor!' Somedays it's hard. SO hard. Recently, I Dave and I were talking one night, trying to figure something out about one of our kids. I told him how I thought I'd be such a perfect mom, it would be so easy. As a pre-teen and teenager I had my babysitting kit and sometimes two or three babysitting jobs a day. The kids loved me and wanted their parents to go back out again so they could play with me more. I was going to be the.best.mother.ever! I had this mothering thing in the bag, right? Well, that night, I felt like a horrible mother and a failure. Dave assured me this was not the case. And I just felt so overwhelmed by everything. But I feel the love of my Heavenly Father and the Savior and know I'm doing what I'm here to do and somehow he will help me through these days that use up all of my energy, creativity, mental capacity and time. I know there is an enabling power that comes through the atonement of Jesus Christ. Below are a few sayings that help me to keep in focus and encourage me along when days are hard. How grateful I am to belong to a church that have living prophets at the head, who speak what the Lord would have us hear! They help remind me of my meaning and purpose in life and the direction I'm going. Listening to conference talks while sewing or folding up laundry really helps keep me grounded. Here they are:
Is mothering going to get any easier for me or anyone? No! But with the help of a loving God and our Savior, our loads can be lightened, we can be guided, and we can be encouraged and cheered through Him. And for that, I'm so grateful. One day I will miss the spilled milk...right? Right?!







No comments:
Post a Comment