Cal lasted for about an hour this time around (that's pretty good for him!) until he was ready to go inside and warm up and drink some hot chocolate!
Then we snuggled and read some books and got warm by the fire. This is a cute book, and I thought this page was perfect for a snowy day like we had.
Emma played outside pretty much all day! We did a little sledding, snowball fights, made a partial igloo with the neighbors, then she made snowmen - they're her and Cal. She loves the snow and wishes every day were a snow day!
I really love being able to see the magic of life through the eyes of a child again, by seeing things and people the way they see them. Most of us grown ups complain and moan when it snows or when things aren't the way we want them. But kids are happy in the moment. They enjoy what life is giving them now. They think others are great and always think the best of them. I hope I can be more like them. I think it is what the Savior meant when He told us to become as a little child. So glad I have three so I can hopefully learn from them what I need to do!







No comments:
Post a Comment