Tuesday, November 1, 2011

HH11 (Happy Halloween 2011)!

I just love Halloween, especially with kids! I don't know if I or they enjoy it more! Here they are on Halloween morning! We had a fun morning eating pumpkin donuts for breakfast, reading Halloween books, and watching Mr. Boogedy ("Boogedy Boogedy Boogedy!"). Then we got ready to take Emma to school. I was able to go help at her school for her Spider Party! It was a lot of fun and the kiddos in her class are darling, and Mrs. C is just fantastic! I helped at the Spider Counting booth and Oreo spider making booth. She had a blast!
Since we wouldn't be home during dinner time, we had white chicken chili and witches broomsticks for lunch. Yummy!
After school, we went to Washington State for their Trick-or-Treat family activity. Here's baby Maggie! (Suck suck...suck suck) Again, everyone loved our costumes and we loved making people smile and laugh!
At the WSU family event, we even got to meet Butch, the WSU mascot! Dave and I have always thought Butch needs a makeover, he looks kind of ghetto! Oh well! Go Cougs!

Emma and Cal do another cake walk! And they both won cupcakes, which they thoroughly enjoyed!
We went around to all of the offices at the Riverpoint campus and trick-or-treated! We liked this pumpkin that was out, but still think Daddy's was better! (;

Cal playing the bean bag toss. We love that the graduate programs of WSU is very family-oriented.
Emma having a fun Halloween!
Sugar rush!
The Simpsons! None of our pictures turned out very well, DOH!
After the WSU thing, we went to grab some dinner at Wendys, got to talk to Aunt Amy, Grandma Di, and Grandma and Grandpa Ryerse. Then went to the Shiloh Hills Christian Fellowship Trunk-or-treat, which was a fun thing! Then we just went to a couple of our neighbor's homes. It was a nice night! The kids got more candy than they could handle! We traded all of Cal's peanut candy for other things Emma had. They had fun negotiating over candy. I remember that. "I'll trade you 20 smarties for 1 Snicker's bar..." Ha ha!
"Bart!"
Emma kept singing or "playing" Careless Whisper by George Michael, made familiar to her by the Sexy Sax Man (go check it out on YouTube if you have no idea what I'm talking about). Silly Lisa!
Marge in the kitchen.
Trick-or-treat!
Until next year...muwah ha ha ha! We're already talking about what to be next year, of course. Now it's time to hit the Halloween clearance sales, which means time to get some basic supplies for next year's Halloween!

1 comment:

bjcrosbyfamily said...

You are amazing! I just love your creative costumes. Each year gets better and better! Happy Halloween!! :)