Sunday, June 12, 2011

C'est la vie!

The last couple of weeks have brought lots of ups and downs! The kids finished up this year of preschool! Emma’s now ready to move on to kindergarten, and Cal is just getting started with preschool. He started going in January. We had our little graduation party a couple of week ago, it was so cute! We watched a movie of pictures from the year (we all got copies and Cal has been wanting to watch it at home over and over again!). They got “caps” and they walked and we awarded them diplomas. And we let them play with balloons, and ate snacks. I’ve had such a fun time doing the neighborhood joy school. This is the second year we’ve participated, and the kids and I love it! I want to continue it for all of my kids, wherever we are. All of the mom’s we’ve done it with have been fabulous! Ashley Frey has been kind of the ring leader, her little boy is Hyrum. Then there’s Kasey Migliori (Emmy), Nanette Gamble (Ethan and Logan), and Lori Daliva (Jarel).

Congrats, Grads! Here they are throwing their hats up in the air!

Emma's done with preschool...on to bigger and better things!
Lining up for their Preschool graduation ceremony. It's been a lot of fun! Thanks, Moms, for all of your hard work! We've loved doing preschool. Unfortunately, the Gambles were unable to come to the graduation.
We also had a water party with the preschool friends. Here's Elisha, Jennica, and Emma.
Cal taking his turn at a water relay.
Having a great time!

Memorial Day was great. The Sunday before Memorial day, we went to the Ogden City cemetery to see the graves of my side of the family. Callahan was jumping all over the headstones, so we had to take him back to the car and sit with him there. But Emma has always enjoyed seeing the cemetery and has been respectful. I’m grateful for the righteous heritage I’ve been blessed with. I’ve been proofreading a book my mom is writing “My Pioneer Ancestors” lately, and it’s been such a joy to be able to do so. I also have helped her create a cover and add and edit things a bit. My ancestors and those who have come before had such courage and faith, I’m so blessed to be able to be their posterity, and I’m so glad they chose the gospel, though they faced much adversity. If they didn’t, I probably wouldn’t be where I am today. Their stories are fascinating and give me more of a sense of who I am and where I get some of my ways from.
We also went down to the Ogden River, which is flooding. It is so high, I can’t believe it. I just pray that the elements will be tempered so that we won’t have too much damage from flooding.
On Monday, Memorial Day, we packed up more stuff to move down to Bountiful. It was snowing! We probably got about 3 inches! This is getting ridiculous, almost June and it feels and looks like winter! Then we took the kids to the Clark Planetarium in Salt Lake and saw “Born to be Wild”, a 3D IMAX show about baby orphan animals. It was fun, and Cal even sat through it! We were worried, because he can never watch a show more than a few minutes. That was his first movie in the theatres. It was a great show! Then we went to my parents and did the annual Memorial Day luau. We had tropical fruit, coconut shrimp, Island pork, sweet potatoes and bananas, salad, fruit punch, and for dessert, coconut covered bananas and ice-cream with a Hawaiian sauce, coconut and macadamia nuts. It was so tasty! The kids enjoy all of the fun decorations, and putting leis on everyone. We were the only ones there, Amy and Kolby were moving that day (my parents went to help them later on), and Marko had to work. Then we went to the Ryerse’s house, where we hung out with everyone who was over. The kids had a blast playing with Tayla and Kaison, like always. That afternoon, my in-laws came home from their cruise to Alaska. We all welcomed them home, and heard stories, and looked at pictures. They had a fabulous time! It was their first cruise, and they are ready to go on some more. I’m glad they had fun, they deserve a good break! We had a BBQ that night, hamburgers and hot dogs and Jerry made some tasty ribs and grilled pineapple. I made sweet potato pie and strawberry shortcake for dessert. It was a fun day and we are glad Grandma and Grandpa are back safely.
"Born to Be Wild" in 3-D.
At the Clark Planetarium.
Emma loved putting leis on everyone at the luau, including herself! She kept running away from me when I'd try to take a picture! (:
Cal trying to play the ukelele.
Little Lucy also enjoyed the Island fun.
Then last Tuesday, we got some not-so-good news. We found out our buyer, Debbie, couldn’t get the loan, as she would need to put 20% down, and she doesn’t have that kind of money. She tried a bunch of other institutions, but everywhere else was the same story. Because at our condos, you need to have more than 50% owner-occupied to get an FHA loan, and right now, it’s sitting at 47%. So lending institutions say it’s risky lending at that percent, so now with the new housing regulations, you need 20% down. So we offered her to do a rent-to-own thing, or help do owner financing, but she was so frustrated, she is done, and just wants to rent now after all of that. So we put our house back on the market, and we’re looking to possibly rent, and have shown our condo to a couple of interested people. It’s a big bummer, because she wanted it so bad. And we really wanted to sell it so we could use the money for moving expenses. But I know that things will work out. We already packed away most of our stuff, so it’s kind of hard. Family and friends have been so kind. My mom sent me home last week and the other day with a bunch of meals, so that was super nice. Nothing better than her home cookin’. Hlee had us over also to eat once as well. And Calena had us over for dinner last week, and brought us dinner last Sunday. They are all so sweet! I really have the best friends! I packed up all of our dishes and food and spices and cooking supplies. We were just planning on having sandwiches, cereal, and easy stuff this week, since we were planning on being out a couple of weeks ago Friday. So this past week, we made a bunch of freezer meals, so we could just pull out some real food from the freezer and heat it up. We made super bean burritos, South West lasagna, honey glazed ribs, and cream cheese chicken. They all turned out really well! It was fun getting together to do that with her. We’ve talked about doing it for a while, but this time, we had to do it. But now we’ll be here until we can find someone to buy or rent it from us, it’s looking more like we’ll find a renter. We’re also looking more at places to rent up in the Spokane area. We’ve found some pretty good places, now we just need to find a job! Dave’s been applying, but no luck so far. Hopefully soon! We’ve been fasting and praying that things will work out. And we appreciate those who also have been doing the same for us. (: Just when you think everything is going your way, something happens to throw you off course. I’ve been dealing pretty well with it, but one night, I was pretty frustrated. I think I'm done eating off paper plates and sitting on camp chairs instead of our couch and living out of boxes. But c’est la vie…so is life, right?

These past two week, since most of the packing is done and cleaning hasn’t been bad, I’ve had a lot of time to play with the kids. It’s been nice. We went to the Splash Pad with a group of friends from our old student ward. That was great to see them all! We went to the park one day with the Yangs, and also went to their house one afternoon to go swimming and play. We went to my Mom’s on Friday, and played outside a lot of the day. Now that it’s actually nice, I love it! (: And even more than the nice weather, I love playing with my kids!
Here is Emma at the Splash Pad, having a good time!
Cal running through the water...he thought it was pretty cold! He loves being warm and gets chilly pretty quickly.
Lucy chilling in her carseat, doing the thing she does best, and that is, looking pretty.
Hlee helping the kids. She blew up their inflatable raft this time and it actually worked pretty well. She filled it up with warm water from the bathtub, since it was kind of a cold day.

Splishing and a splashing on a summer day!

1 comment:

Megkran said...

Your pictures look great. Sorry things didn't work out with your sale, but I'm sure it will sell soon. And when moving time does come it will be a cinch.