Thursday, May 12, 2011

Lucy's Baby Blessing

What a beautiful day!

We were able to bless Lucy today, May 1, 2011. My parents and Mark came for the whole block, so it was great to be in class with them. During Sunday School, I took Lucy out to get her fed, changed, and get her blessing dress on. My amazing mother sewed her blessing dress. She is so small, it was still a little big. She looked adorable though! What a sweetie.

Dave was the one who gave her a name and blessing, as he has our other children. Here's her blessing:

“Our eternal Heavenly Father, by the holy Melchizedek Priesthood which we hold, we give this infant a name and a blessing. The name which we have chosen is Lucy Mae Ryerse. Lucy, at this time, we bless you and your body that you may continue to grow, that it may continue to receive the strength that you need. We also bless you that you will continue to grow spiritually, that you may learn wisdom in your youth, that you might be able to take this wisdom that you have learned as a child and add upon it all your life. We bless you that you may come to love the gospel and truly come to know who the Savior is and what he has done for you. We bless you with the righteous desires to serve in his kingdom, that you may be an example to your friends and family in these latter-days, and that you will feel the love of our Heavenly Father close to you during those difficult times in your life. That when those times come, you will have the tools and the knowledge to get back up and continue on. Lucy, we bless you that you may know that your Heavenly Father loves you and that your family loves and is here to support you. Again Lucy we bless you with all things you need at this time and throughout your life. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.”

In the circle: David Ryerse, Dan Ryerse, Jeffry Ryerse, Randy Ryerse, Jerry Ryerse, Brian Ryerse, Scott Stoddard, Mark Stoddard, Kolby Rollins, Rex Lammers, Keith Richins, Xou Yang, Dennis Miller.

After the blessing, the first person to get up and bear their testimony was a man I didn’t even know. Dave said he barely knew him, but knew he was a retired sheriff. He talked all about how Lucy’s blessing made him so happy and brought him more joy than he’d felt in a long time. He said he knew she’d be true and have a good life and was so impressed by the support she’d receive throughout her life.

I also bore my testimony, as I have with all of our children the day they get blessed. It is quite clique to have the mom of the baby being blessed bear her testimony, but what a better time to do it, when all of the family and friends are there. I bore my testimony of the Savior and how grateful I am for Him; that he knows always what we’re going through, that he lives and loves us. I bore testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know God called prophets to keep the records, and I know it was translated through the power of the Holy Ghost. I thanked my Heavenly Father for my sweet husband and my wonderful children, as well as extended family and ward family. I learn so much from all of them. I’m grateful to have the Gospel to help raise my children in, as my parents taught me correct principles from my youth. I don’t know how I’d do it without that foundation.

Here's Lucy in the mother's room before we changed her into her blessing outfit.


Getting ready for the dress.


Happy little Lucy!


Cute little toes.


Lucy's big day.


After the meeting, we went to Grammie’s house for a luncheon. We had rolls and orange rolls, different types of salads and peanut butter bars. My parents, Mark, Amy and Kolby, Dave’s parents, Julie, Randy, Brian, Jerry & Stacy and their kids, Grammie, Christie & Rex, Keith, Lois & Randi Richins, and friends the Miller’s and Yangs all came. We had a great time in conversation and being together. We are truly blessed by family and friends who love and care for us and little Lucy.

Sisters - Emma (and Cal, too!) loves Lucy!


Am and Kolb with one of their favorite neices!


Chilling at Grammie's - Dave, me, Stacy, Dennis & Kaleb, Julie, Jerry, Brian, Dan, Sue, and Randy.


Ewan and Marko.


Lucy staring up at Rex with her big blue eyes.



Eating lunch, yum!


Just chatting away...Christie, the Yangs and Calena.


My parents with Lucy, their 4th grandchild.



Emma and Tayla, these girls are the cutest cousins and are so much fun together!



Classic Callahan, "how you doin'?"


Emma and Tavin making "silly faces". He he!



My mom playing air-hockey with Cal and Alec. She was surprised by how good they actually were.


We are a happy family.


The proud parents. We are so happy Lucy is in our family now and love her so much!


1 comment:

RyerseCrew said...

That was such a great day and I did enjoy your testimony. You are such a wonderful example to me. I sure am glad we are sisters.