The parade consists of LOTS of dogs - the kids loved that! I can't believe some of the outfits they had on.
Bagpipes, of course. I love bagpipes!
Emma the Irish girl.
Candy...here's Cal enjoying some candy.

Then there are lots of clans from Ireland, families that just make up their own floats. This was my favorite entry. It was a tribute to Jerry Sloan. They had guys dressed up like Jerry, Jazz players and staff. Jerry is on the back, as you can see and it's appropriate that a John Deere tractor is pulling the float.
Then there are lots of clans from Ireland, families that just make up their own floats. This was my favorite entry. It was a tribute to Jerry Sloan. They had guys dressed up like Jerry, Jazz players and staff. Jerry is on the back, as you can see and it's appropriate that a John Deere tractor is pulling the float.
Then on St. Patrick's Day, I made some rainbow muffins for breakfast. Yum!

We had the muffins with a pot of gold (Goldenpuffs, that is) and green milk. Green milk is something Dave's family always did, and I'm carrying on the tradition with our family. Emma was convinced the Leprechan was the culprit.
We had the muffins with a pot of gold (Goldenpuffs, that is) and green milk. Green milk is something Dave's family always did, and I'm carrying on the tradition with our family. Emma was convinced the Leprechan was the culprit.
The kids went to Preschool that morning, and had a great time with their St. Patty's day party. While they were gone, I pulled out my Irish Penny whistle and played some jigs and Irish songs...love it! So, did we catch a leprechan? Well, one visited, but he got away. He left a note. The note said: "To the Ryerse family, You were very clever indeed, but I escaped (Leprechans are tricky, you know). Better luck next year. Here is some "gold" for you. Better luck next year. Happy St. Patrick's Day to ya!" In the cup, he left some gold eggs.
Yes, I am lucky. Might not be 100% Irish, but I have a lot of luck in life. Lucky to have been born into my great family with good parents who love the Lord. Lucky to have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Lucky to have had good health throughout my life. Lucky to have my sweet Dave and my little kids, I love them all more than I could ever express. Lucky to have always had my temporal needs met. Lucky to live in the USA, Utah, and South Ogden. Lucky to have amazing friends, ward, and neighbors. Lucky to have the abilities I do. Lucky to live on this beautiful earth. I have so much! I am more than lucky, I am blessed!


2 comments:
You guys go all out for St. Patrick's Day. Sad too say, I didn't really do anything with my kids. Chris was out of town. If I was home I probably would've made some green food. Hopefully next year I can make it more exciting for my kids.
I don't think I could get myself to drink the green milk... even knowing that it is fresh, I don't think I would be able to get past how gross it looks. :)
Anyways, it looks like you guys had a good day. You are such a good mom.
Love the Jerry Sloan float!
Your so cute Melanie! I love the muffin idea!
Post a Comment