Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Crown Burger Robbery and Monster Truck Show





Friday night, we went to a Monster Truck Rally! Dave’s been entering to win all of the prizes KSL has to offer, and he finally won something…tickets to this show. So we were driving down to Salt Lake to the ESA, when my contractions started! I wasn’t sure if these were part of the labor, or just Braxton hicks. But they continued all through the night about every ten minutes. I was a little worried, but felt my body would hold off. We first went to Crown Burger to eat dinner. Yum! Something crazy happened as we were leaving, we were a part of a theft! I was holding Emma’s hand on my right and Cal’s hand on my left, walking towards the cross-walk outside of Crown Burger, when a guy wearing all black with a hat and a red bandana over his face came walking hastily by us. I held on tight to the kids, said a prayer tried not to make eye contact, and kept walking. I told Dave about it, but we kind of shook it off, thinking maybe he couldn’t breathe well or something. Come to find out on the news later the next morning, he did rob the restaurant, and we were only few inches from him! I couldn't get over it! Luckily, we were safe and no one was hurt. Here's the link of the story from KSL:

The Monster Truck show was fun. The kids thought it was great! The best part was the snow mobiles that did flips and high jumps. The kids liked Grave Digger the best, and El Toro Loco! It was fun. I guess it was too much excitement in one night and the baby decided she wanted to come!

No comments: