Friday, October 22, 2010

It's a...

Girl! That's right, folks, Ryerse baby #3 is a girl! We went in Tuesday to Ogden Regional for our ultrasound to make sure everything was okay with the baby, and also to determine the gender. I kind of felt like it was a boy, though I was sick more than I was with Cal and less sick this time than I was with Emma. Each pregnancy is so different! Dave thought it was a boy and has been talking about boy names for the last 4 months. Ha ha! Emma was convinced it was a girl. She said she really wants a little sister, so she can have a friend, and next time, we can have a boy, so Cal can have a friend. We talked to her about how we don’t get to choose, and we get who needs to be in our family. Right before we went in, I told her she’d be the first to find out, but she should be happy either way, and shouldn’t be disappointed if it’s not a girl. “I know, Mom,” she said. “Heavenly Father chooses who should be in our family, we don’t get to choose.” We’ve had lots of friends who’ve recently had babies, and Emma and Cal can’t get enough of holding the babies, I think they’ll be excited to have their own and be good with the baby. The ultrasound technician looked to see the gender of the baby first, the umbilical cord was in the way. So she checked other body parts and measurements, and said everything looked perfect! We’re blessed to have a healthy baby. The tech kept going back to the area where the goods are kept, but the umbilical cord was still in the way. I love the way the baby had its feet crossed, so cute! The baby measured out a little small for the age, but that’s normal for our babies. Finally, she wiggled my belly around to get the baby to move, as she wasn’t cooperating. Then she could see it (Dave said he saw it from the beginning, but thinks that she wanted to wait until she was 100% sure before she said anything)…it is a GIRL! So we’re very excited! It will be so much fun! As for names, as many have asked, we really like Sydnie or Leah, and Emma likes Lacey or Lucy. But we’ve still got lots of time to decide. (: We’re almost 22 weeks now, so we’ve got about 18 weeks left…here comes the downhill slide, I know it’s going to go by fast! Can’t wait for you to join us, baby girl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for her to come, either! Congrats! :)

Nanette said...

Leah is a really cute name! I'm so excited for you guys!

Melissa said...

Yae for an other little girl! That is so exciting!

Keri said...

I'm so behind on my blogs. CONGRATS!!! That's so exciting. I'd hope my next would be a girl if I had another. But I always think the next would be a boy. Either way right?? Cute names!