Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving/1st Birthday Callahan!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope it was a wonderful holiday for you and yours. I have so much to be grateful for, I am so blessed with so much!

This years Turkey Day started out by watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Emma loved it! Especially all of the giant balloons! We all decided it would be fun to go in person someday.
Then we went over to the Turkey Trot 2 Mile fun walk. Dave and I ran the 5 Mile race 5 years ago, and since then we've tried to do it. The race begins at Ogden Regional Medical Center (where Emma and Cal were born). It's great because the registration fee is canned food. So it's a good cause, and it's fun to do something active on the day where we usually sit around and eat the most. My parents and brother Mark came with us this year. Here's Dave pushing Cal in the stroller.

Emma getting a ride in the stroller. She was excited by all of the dogs that were there! I was joking that they should rename it the "Doggie Trot" because it seemed that everyone had their dogs...or goats! He he! A family brought their goats to walk with them. They were tied to ropes. It was a silly sight to see!

Cal staying warm in his stroller.


Our walking group - Uncle Marko, Grandma Di, Emma, Melanie, Dave, and Callahan.

Then it was off to the Stoddard family lunch at Grammie's house. Last year, Callahan missed out on it by one day! This year, he loved it all, probably because he loves to eat so much! Maybe that's why he was pushing so hard to get our last year on Thanksgiving, he could smell all of the yummy food!


"Yum! I love turkey!" Emma kept saying. Yep, she does love the tender, juicy white meat called turkey, along any other meat. We did a family night lesson on Gratitude last week. We played a gratitude game and it was cute to see what she was grateful for. "Daddy, Mommy and Cal, our family. Food to eat. Our house. My toys. Kitties." These and more were some of the things she expressed gratitude for.

After eating, we went outside to play a little bit in the sand box, and to play in what little snow there was, and talked with the relatives. Cal had a great time and was smiling all day!

Turkey face! After my side, we were able to go to Dave's side, where we helped get everything ready and I made orange rolls and dinner rolls. It was a lot of fun! We had a delicious meal and interesting conversations, then played Apples to Apples.


Callahan's first birthday was on November 28. It is hard to believe it! Where did that year go? He is getting to be so much fun and each day is an adventure with Cal.


Cal, Mommy and Emma by the Christmas tree before Callahan's party. Daddy was at the BYU game.

Before Callahan's birthday, we had a good time playing together. Here's Callahan with the bubble wand in his mouth.

We had his birthday party at Grandma Sue & Grandpa Dan's house. Here he is in his birthday outfit. What a cutie! Though he is 1 now, he is still in 6 to 9 month clothes. Silly boy! When we took him in to his 1 year appointment, we found out he is just over 16 lbs. Many ask us if he's 6 months old, but nope! He's a big boy now! But he is a very little dude!


Eating dinner. Callahan loves being able to eat what we eat now! Yeaaa!

We had an Elmo/Sesame Street birthday party for him. Emma helped to pick out that theme. Here's one of the cakes I made.


And here's the other Elmo cupcake cake!


Singing Happy Birthday to Callahan, Ryerse/Stoddard style. The Ryerse's sing Happy birthday crazily! (I don't think crazily is a word, but it's appropriate here and it's the first word that came to mind)

Daddy helping Cal get some sweet stuff. He liked the frosting the best! Dave and I had frosting all over us!
Yummy cake!

After the cake, it was time to open presents! Cal got a lot of fun presents, an Elmo stuffed animal and Sesame Street books from Emma, a Busy Ball Popper from Mommy & Daddy, a couple of toy cell phones, a helicopter, a JD Tractor, a nails and hammer set, a cute hat and gloves, and more!

Opening presents together.

Emma was a good helper with Callahan and didn't seem jealous at all. What a good big sister! Cal just loves her! It's so fun to see these two interact!

During Cal's party, he fell asleep! I guess all of this birthday business wore him out! Happy Birthday, lil' Callahan! We love you boy!

We did have to do the party late, due to the BYU game, which is where a few family members went that day. It was a mediocre game. Luckily, the Cougs came out on top! I think they're really a better team this year, though they didn't play well that day. Unfortunately, that game was truly overshadowed by Max Hall's lame comments. I couldn't believe he said what he did! I was ticked off at first that a member of our church, and really a representative of "The Lord's School" would say that. I was dissapointed in him. But I do feel for him, as I read and saw more about what led up to it. I feel for him and his family and what they had to go through. If someone was throwing beer and cussing at my family, had to be escorted by the cops, or had a giant blow up doll of my mom and decided to do suggestive things to it, the rivalry would get personal for me too. But I think he went way, way to far! Next time, he should think before he opens his mouth , just as he thinks before he snaps the football. A good lesson for all of us.

Here's a funny "New Inspirational Poster' that my brother-in-law sent me that I wanted to post.

Enough talk about that. Now let the Christmas season begin!!

2 comments:

Harmony said...

That's funny about Cal's weight. Alida is 9 months and only 15 lbs. I'm glad she's not the only one. I figure she was so huge when she was born, now her genetics are kicking in and she'll be small like me. He's so cute, he looks a lot like Adam and Mark! Glad you had a great party and good thanksgiving. Miss you!

Kristen said...

I love Cal's hair! It's so crazy to think he's a year old! It feels like only yesterday we were all hanging out in the pool and poking fun of your pregnant belly. Where does the time go?