Thursday, August 28, 2008

The cutest kitties you've ever seen - any takers?







About a month ago, we made a startling discovery! A cat decided to have kittens under our deck! We had seen this mommy kitty prancing around our condos for several months, and then it was like she dissapeared. Little did we know she was busy having babies - five of them - and they made their home under our deck! Dave thinks it's destiny... but back to the story. Once we figured out they were there, we began feeding the mom cat and taking care of her. She is a calico, Emma chose the name Callie for her. She is a very good cat - very well-tempered, clean and quiet, and loves to be cuddled with (this is starting to sound like a personals ad). She is also very good with kids and doesn't even get upset when Emma tries to pick her up or grabs her tail! She can live outdoors or indoors, and seems to like the combination of both. The five kitties are just as good as the Mom, and they are oh-so-cute! There is an adventurous orange one that likes to play. Two black ones, one long-haired and one short haired. One is also very energetic, and the other one is a little more shy. There is a calico one that looks like the mom. And then there's a black one with white paws that is very small. They are all so cute, and we love them, but just can't keep them. They're now starting to wean and starting to eat kitty food, and we can't afford to keep feeding them all! So, if you or someone you knows wants a kitty, please let us know! We want to find good homes for these sweet kitties. If anyone knows me, knows I'm not the hugest fan of felines, but these cats are changing my mind. They're so fun and good! Up top are some pictures of some of the kitties, not all of them are very good, because the little ones get kind of scared of the camera. But please ask around, we need to find these kitties a place to live before winter comes. Please?! Let us know if you're interested. Thanks!

3 comments:

Bukran said...

All I have to do is smell cat pee and I'm cured from the kitty itch...

Meghan and I actually have debated getting a cat but luckily have staved it off.

Katrina Mortensen said...

I wish I could have one but being that we are renting I can't. And Todd won't let me get one. I will check around and see if i can't help you find a good home.

Erin said...

Thomas won't let me have a pet until I can prove to him that I can keep a plant alive. So far no luck. I'll keep working on it.